Mc Cormick's Grill Mates Seasonings

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I really like these. I buy a new bottle each time we go grocery shopping. Last time I bought the Molases Bacon Seasoning:
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/G...nds/Grill-Mates-Molasses-Bacon-Seasoning.aspx

OH MY! This stuff was fantastic on salmon. The good thing is that we don't have problems with getting our kids to eat or try new foods and the love to eat foods that a lot of kids won't even touch. Fish is one of those. They love salmon, flounder, cod but we try to prepare the foods a different way each time to add some variety to the plain ol salmon filet, etc. This stuff rocked the salmon.

I purchased this new one last night and will have Lil Bobby B use it on some trip tip steaks tonight.
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/G...-Mates-Steakhouse-Onion-Burger-Seasoning.aspx

Let you all know how they turn out!:biggrin1:

Bob

For the price, they are pretty good. We take em with us camping so that we have a variety of stuff to use as seasoning. Their rubs are decent too. One thing I like about them is that each one fits the flavor profile that it states on the bottle. Many times, with store bought stuff, it's hard to tell the difference from one of their rubs to the next.
This one is a favorite on pork steaks, country style ribs, and as a final seasoning for fried carnitas.
http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Dry-Rubs/Grill-Mates-Sweet-and-Smoky-Rub.aspx

I like their Montreal Steak & Montreal Chicken. :thumb:

We go through bottles of the Montreal. It's our go to for steak most times. The Spicy version of the Montreal is good too. I guess it's just the high salt and pepper ratios in the Montreal that lends itself really well for a bloody, juicy steak.

I bought a can of McCormicks' Cowboy Rub and tried it on a brisket. It was outstanding. It is mostly Black Pepper, Dried Garlic, and Coffee. A great combo for Beef!

I bought a can of McCormicks' Cowboy Rub and tried it on a brisket. It was outstanding. It is mostly Black Pepper, Dried Garlic, and Coffee. A great combo for Beef!

Ooooo, need to keep an eye out for that one. Sounds good!

Bob

We go through bottles of the Montreal. It's our go to for steak most times. The Spicy version of the Montreal is good too. I guess it's just the high salt and pepper ratios in the Montreal that lends itself really well for a bloody, juicy steak.

We go through a lot of the Montreal Steak at our house too. It's our go-to for steaks and burgers and I like it on brisket.

We recently started buying it at Costco in large bottles -- 30 ounces or so -- for less than $7. Ounce-for-ounce much cheaper than the small shakers we'd we'd been buying at the grocery store. Now we just refill the little bottle. :grin:

Yup when the 1st ingredient says salt I tend to back off. But everybodys taste is different. Glad you liked them and thanks for sharing.

I only buy the low sodium Montreal steak and chicken spices, they're really good, especially the chicken. Even the low sodium montreal steak is pretty high on the sodium, but it's good on anything beef.

Most of the time, the local grocer has the whole line of small shakers for $1.00 each, so it doesn't break the bank to pick up a little shaker jar once in a while.

tried the steak one. waaay to salty for me and i like salt.

It can be very salty to the taste. One way we try to get around that is by only seasoning one side of the steak. If you apply a heavy coat on both sides, it is overpowering.

I saw the Brown Sugar Bourbon in the big shaker at BJ's. I'm gonna get it next time I go. I got some ribs that I'd like to try that on.
I like to do the season just one side thing too. Found that many guests just didn't like so much salt and I could cut down on the sodium for myself too. Love salt.

I use their Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning on chicken quite frequently. I put it wings, even if I make Buffalo wings. Also on leg quarters smoked with apple wood. I really like it a lot and have been using it for several years. I switched from their Montreal Chicken to this.

Back