View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

As the founder of The Society for the Preservation of Fatty Purity, I feel that i have to chime in.

The original concept of the Fatty as introduced by Brother Smokey Pig and then named by Brother Big Dog is a breakfast sausage log unwrapped, rubbed if desired and then smoked. This is the original, and best Fatty.

The concept of stuffing evolved later and adds some interesting variations to the Fatty. The earliest mention I can find on the Brethren of stuffing a fatty is the Fatty Ronello, where a fatty is stuffed with poblano peppers, chorizo and pepper jack cheese. I'm not claiming to have invented the stuffed fatty, but i can't find anything on the forum about it until then.

Later, the Bacon Explosion popularized enrobing a fatty in cured meats. It may have been done before then, but the Bacon Explosion went viral and brought enrobing to everyone's attention.

Ever since the Bacon Explosion went viral a lot of folks seem to think that a Fatty HAS to be stuffed and enrobed in cured meats! I say NO! Let's get back to the roots of the Fatty as our Brothers in Smoke envisioned it! Stuffing and enrobing have their place, but to say that a Fatty has to have stuffing and/or enrobing is to deny our history!

LONG LIVE THE NAKED FATTY!!!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->