Memorial Day BBQ

Redwingsfn31

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Every year the whole family comes over for a Memorial Day BBQ. The BBQ is on Saturday and I started the preperation tonite. This year I have 36 lbs of pork shoulder. I trimmed and rubbed them tonite, then into the fridg. They will go on the smoker Saturday about 1:00 am. I will be smoking them with a combination of Oak, Hickory and Cherry Wood. More to come.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 154
  • 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 154
More.

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 151
  • 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 151
The last from tonite.

Attachments

• 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 150
now that is my kinda fridge... but wheres the rest going... I assume there is a cooler somewhere, or at least a keg right. :-D

I love the looks of that fridge. All the basic food groups are represented.:p

Oh there is meat in there!, great looking fridge!!!
Yeah, GO WINGS!!

Scott

my only problem with this is how clean that smoker looks... is is brand new or do you re paint it after every use???

Don't make the same mistake I made.

More food in the smoker means longer cook times. It's super easy to keep cooked food warm, but it'll kill a party if the food is in the smoker cause it ain't quite done (probably cost me a call and a check a few weeks ago).

The Smoker is brand new. I got it over the winter at Bass Pro and have only been able to season it and use it once. It wont look that nice at the end of summer.

The Smoker is brand new. I got it over the winter at Bass Pro and have only been able to season it and use it once. It wont look that nice at the end of summer.

From the looks of the bottom of your fridge...it won't look that nice by the end of the weekend...:p Have fun with your smoke! :biggrin:

Don't make the same mistake I made.

More food in the smoker means longer cook times. It's super easy to keep cooked food warm, but it'll kill a party if the food is in the smoker cause it ain't quite done (probably cost me a call and a check a few weeks ago).

Oh I made that mistake before. I think I am giving myself a 12-14 hour window for the shoulders to get done. I have linned the bottom of the smoker with fire bricks to help hold heat and give it more even distribution.

The Shoulders are now on the temp is sittin steady at 226 and now I get to relax for a minute.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 11
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg