What's on your official "I've to to try that" list?

Had to laugh....

I've keep a folder on my desktop titled "Recipes to Try", where I dump all the good sounding stuff. Right now, it has 66 items in it, and is still growing.

I need 48 hour days, and 14 day weeks!!!

'Course, it might help too, if the wife weren't the chief cook and bottle washer in the family! :wink::mrgreen::wink:

JimT

My list is way too long to type out......it would be easier to say what i have cooked.:biggrin:

Fatties - sausage meat in the freezer, ready to go
Ribs - I'm new to Q so I need to find a good starter rib recipe
ABT's

I beed to build a UDS. NEED to.

Sleeping with BOTH EYES OPEN. :twisted::p:mrgreen:

But seriously,
BBB
Bacon wrapped chickies
Hog Apple Beans
A whole farkin' Prime Rib Roast ala Poopy. :cool:

I am just trying to find a few new flavors. I am not implying I have mastered the standard stuff, far from it. I just want to add to it.
Tried messing around with soy (terryaki) all weekend. I found a couple things NOT to do.
Had some good chicken and a crappy sirloin roast on the spinner.
I have Steve Raichlens Barbecue Bible. Haven't had it out in years and when I got it, I was all about the "classics".
I think its time to read it again!

Well got the Carnitas out of the way at Bash. Went over well after choosing seasoning. Next up is Jerky. Thirdeye sent me some seasoning and it's the next up.

What's not on my list to try would be the short list for me!! I'm always seeing something on here that I want to try!!

bbb for me too.

and maybe try brining something.

BBB and pastrami and turducken... can't think of a lot else I haven't tried that I really want to, though I hope to come up with something soon!

I'm adding about 95% of the posts to my list.....some of which i have to research what they are.

Bologna.
Buckboard bacon
Home ground sausages. In particular, Elgin style sausage, or Sheboygan style brats. Also would love to learn how to make a really good smoked duck sausage.

Pizza (need a stone), Pastrami, Bologna (wife wants me to try that), Prime Rib...

Nope, don't need a stone. Make grilled pizza directly on the grate instead.

One of these days, I'll have to get some photos and video up for this topic.

I tried once...burnt the bottom before the cheese melted.

I wanna try for some good jerky too.

I've always wanted to try and smoke a chub of bologna.
The recent pixs of chicken tenders wrapped in bacon is on the list and after last weekends Smoke n Steam grilling contest, gotta love those oysters........

Back