ABT Stand?

scotts1919

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Guys, this weekend i am going to be making a large amount of ABT's and i wanted to know what people use to stand them upright? While i do have a pepper stand for a certain amount i will be making more than the stand can hold. My thought was to use some aluminum pans flipped over with holes cut in them, any other thoughts or ideas?

thanks

I cut them in half and fill them up like boats before wrapping them in bacon. They go directly on the grate. The only limit on quantity is the size of the smoker.

Disposable half pans, upside down.

With a knife cut "Xs" into them and push the resultant points down.

Simple.

I use a second grate for added cooking area.

grate2.jpg

*picture taken from Grilling 24x7.com*

I cut them in half and fill them up like boats before wrapping them in bacon. They go directly on the grate. The only limit on quantity is the size of the smoker.

This is what I do.Bacon to pepper ratio goes up.

I do this...Standing on end would promote the cheese filling to run out more...The pan catches the drippings(a lot) As is, it oozes out some...That is not a bad thing, mind you, as it gets a little smoke flavor...I cut peppers in half/and micro till about half cooked. Then place cheese/smokie in and add top, wrap with whole slice of bacon. I do not like having to crisp the bacon to make sure the pepper is cooked..:love:

Attachments

• abt.jpg
    abt.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 86
Back