• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

my new twins PID control W/pron

Mounted R2-BQ today anded up flipping the pids and mounting it upside down under the shelf of the smoker really looks sweet also added to alarm switch.... pics to follow where smokin tomorrow!!!!

I'll be anticipating the pictures.

I haven't put mine together yet since I'm still finishing the smoker itself. The wiring it second nature to me...I just need to find a larger box tomorrow. I'm wondering if those switching power supplies stay regulated without a load. I know computer power supplies don't (they go into protection mode as soon as they aren't loaded). I'm using an old wall wart. All wall warts have a resister built-in to keep the rectifier/filter circuit under control without external load.

I'll be anticipating the pictures.

I haven't put mine together yet since I'm still finishing the smoker itself. The wiring it second nature to me...I just need to find a larger box tomorrow. I'm wondering if those switching power supplies stay regulated without a load. I know computer power supplies don't (they go into protection mode as soon as they aren't loaded). I'm using an old wall wart. All wall warts have a resister built-in to keep the rectifier/filter circuit under control without external load.

I used at Meanwell RS 25-12 and yes power is constant even without load. I wanted the 15 watt unit but they where out of stock.

Mounted R2-BQ today anded up flipping the pids and mounting it upside down under the shelf of the smoker really looks sweet

:thumb:

i hope you rotated your switches and fuses too or my OCD is gonna kill me

:becky:

Here are the PIcs!!!!!

here are the pics !! TOday we smoked a Turkey, Beef ribs, Baked potatoes, and Mac and cheese... OH and yes all switches have been have been rotated andnote the middle switch for the alarm cut off...

Last edited:
Very cool tech cook.

So what was the total cost on the build?
I'm around $230 control (2), power supply (1), switches (5), fans (3 1 extra), and thermos (4 2 extra) I had the box and some other misc elec parts I used,

How about "R2-BQ"?
Randy

Oh, that got my attention. I thought my build would be my first post, but this brought me out.

Have just finished my first UDS after reading this entire thread and have named my build R2-BQ since it's getting painted to look like an R2 unit.

Very nice looking build there.

I keep thinking that if I continue to hold on to this stuff it will build itself. lolol

I hope it will because I'm lost otherwise.

2hex4zq.jpg

Thanks
I have three or four other probes, a box, spools of wire multi connector ( the block with all the screws on it lol) and access to a fan or two and no clue as tow what I'm doing. Do you think that if I put everything in a magicians hat that with a al-la-kazzam anything will happen? HAHAHAHA1

Thanks
I have three or four other probes, a box, spools of wire multi connector ( the block with all the screws on it lol) and access to a fan or two and no clue as tow what I'm doing. Do you think that if I put everything in a magicians hat that with a al-la-kazzam anything will happen? HAHAHAHA1
if you dont have the instructions to the controls try googlie for them and they should tell you pretty much everthing you need to knoe as to wiring and programming

mgp,

Would you mind sharing the part details you used for the PID, fans, thermocouples, etc. Don't need the switches, fuses etc.

I will post soon my computer crashed souls be up and running by this W/E
mgp,

Would you mind sharing the part details you used for the PID, fans, thermocouples, etc. Don't need the switches, fuses etc.

Well I'm here After a new motherboard and OS everything seems to be running good... Here is the list of parts and supplirs that I used
http://www.auberins.com
2/ syl-2362b PID controls
2/panel mount K type connectors
2/ K type ext. wire
2/ K type BBQ Themocouple

http://pelonis.thomasnet.com/viewitems/blowers/rd8025-series-dc-blower?
2/ 80 X 25 mm 12V DC blower

http://www.trcelectronics.com/Meanwell/rs-25-12.shtml
1/ Meanwell RS-25-12 12V DC power supply

http://www.allelectronics.com/
switches and misc. hardware

I hope this this helps you out..

Back