Thanks Chris. Do I have to wear a Tin Foil Hat while I mix this up? Does it affect the flavor if I don't?

Do you recommend this rub on chicken without a sauce?
It works just fine on it's own, no sauce necessary. If you would like to use sauce though, that is certainly not a problem. Since making it, the BBQ sauces I have used the most are BigButz BBQ Sauce (any), or Blue's Hog Original mixed with Tennessee Red.

Thanks Chris. Do I have to wear a Tin Foil Hat while I mix this up? Does it affect the flavor if I don't?
:doh::doh::doh:

You should always wear your hat.:roll:

I find the flavor is best when stored in a shaker wrapped with duct tape and hand written in sharpie "FOIL HAT RUB". It works for some reason.

Thank you for posting your rub recipe. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. As someone new to bbq, I really appreciate all the help I can get. I checked out Midnight Smoke's thread and it didn't look like he used any sauce on his chicken. Do you recommend this rub on chicken without a sauce?

Foil Hat is my go-to general purpose rub. If Chris tries to convince you something is better, don't believe him. It does bring out different flavors on different meats. I love it straight up on pork, but will also sauce with it. I've also dressed it with or without Lawry's on steaks. I have not used it on chicken, but I normally marinate or sauce that, and when I use rub, I have some Moose #2 that I use. It also is very nice on grilled salmon (on smoked salmon I have other preferences). I do wonder though why the recipe I have lists chocolate chips as an ingredient. :crazy:

This is a really great thing Chris is doing. He is trading a fortune in cash for a place in the BBQ Hall of Fame.

:doh::doh::doh:

You should always wear your hat.:roll:

I find the flavor is best when stored in a shaker wrapped with duct tape and hand written in sharpie "FOIL HAT RUB". It works for some reason.

Something like this:

IMG_5153.jpg

I bet this rub is so good it would be actually good ON a vulture.

I need to make this up so I can sue it.

This sounds great and I love the use of the dulse, an ingredient that I had plans for, but, now can just steal your recipe. Landarc's Overland Fark Foil Hat Rub, all I need is a co-packer.

This is so farkin awesome Chris!
THANKS!!!

I'm gonna make a KILLIN packaging and selling this stuff!!:tape::heh:

Just kidding, (duh).....seriously thanks. A lot of us have been wondering.

^^^Ban bigabyte for sharing trade secrets^^^ Whoops wrong thread! Thanks Chris I can wait to get home and order all of the stuff and start putting it all together.

I have everything on order and i have to admit, there are ingredients that i have never heard of much less tried in some of my rubs. This should be interesting with my wife. I can hear her now" what in the world is that stuff for ?"

Thanks again for the recipe. :thumb::thumb:

I've already got this rub mass produced, bottled, labeled and on store shelves. Thank you, sir!!! :becky:

I have everything on order and i have to admit, there are ingredients that i have never heard of much less tried in some of my rubs. This should be interesting with my wife. I can hear her now" what in the world is that stuff for ?"

Thanks again for the recipe. :thumb::thumb:

You use rub, on your wife?
Oh, wait....you said with your wife. Nevermind! LOL:p

LOL....I'm new here, but judging by this thread, I'm gonna love this place. Thanks!

Wow, someone that uses as much paprika in a rub as I do. Never thought I would see the day. :becky:

Gonna have to try this soon. Thanks.

Back