• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What we do with 3 UDS's

cfbeagle

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Well after a year or two of dreaming and getting my stuff in order, I started selling Q.

I own a sign shop on a fairly busy route. We built a new shop 2 years ago and I included a a kitchen in the design because of this dream I had, so that hurdle was over.

With the "Great Recession" hanging in here in Mississippi I began to get serious several months ago about selling Q here 1 day a week to supplement my income.

We sell 1 day a week, Thursday, starting at 11:00 until its gone. The menu is Chicken Leg quarters, Pulled Pork, and ribs. Side items are baked beans, cole slaw, and chips. You get Sweet tea or Lemonade to drink.

We have done it 4 Thursdays now, sold out every week. We add a little more every week. People are going nuts over it.

Last Thursday I cooked 145 leg quarters, 8 racks of ribs, and 6 butts. Sold out by 1:00. The chicken is what everyone is begging for. I can't seem to cook enough. I didn't realize that would be the hot seller.

Here are some pictures of my cooking setup. This Thursday I will try to get some of the food line.

DSCF2025.JPG

DSCF2027.JPG

DSCF2026.JPG

DSCF2029.JPG

DSCF2017.JPG

DSCF2019.JPG

Sounds like you might be expanding the BBQ business. Great looking chicken! What kind of wood are you using?

Your lucky, here in California if you set up a roadside BBQ the state would shut you down by lunch time, untill you hand them permit $, Lol.

looks good, and yes,..for some reason, nothing cooks chicken better than a UDS!!

Sounds like you might be expanding the BBQ business. Great looking chicken! What kind of wood are you using?

Wood lump charcoal from Sam's and Kingsford.

What ya putting on the chix to make it so popular? - nudge nudge- - wink wink-

My own rub... If I told you I would have to kill ya, and I would rather sell Q then sit in jail.

Your lucky, here in California if you set up a roadside BBQ the state would shut you down by lunch time, untill you hand them permit $, Lol.

Reason number 501 why I don't live in Florida or California!

Yep. Florida here. Good luck, it looks good, :thumb:

good job. before you know it you will have to turn your sign shop into a bbq joint. lol. good luck with the future and cant wait to see more pics. it's what i dream of.

It is a "small" post like this that has such a "large" impact on people. I am very very glad to read that your little off shoot has met with success. I remember your post when you said you were going to start this. Congratulations! In these tough economic times it is nice to see that someone is benefiting financially while supporting a dream that they have had for a couple/few years. I wish you continued success, and please keep us updated!

@cfbeagle

Just an idea, if you make magnetic signs.. make a few like stating what you are selling and place them on the drums! People will see it easier and it will let them know what ya got going on.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Owning a sign business has been a challenge the last year or so with sales down over 50 percent.

I fills really good to sell people something they really want instead of something they just consider a business expense.

We sell around 100 plates a week. I encourage people to go for their dream. It really can work!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Thanks for all the encouragement. Owning a sign business has been a challenge the last year or so with sales down over 50 percent.

I fills really good to sell people something they really want instead of something they just consider a business expense.

We sell around 100 plates a week. I encourage people to go for their dream. It really can work!

Looks like its a "sign" of something good ,ok bad joke :) IMHO chicken leg quarters are popular with whatever you put on them. They seem to cook up so well and stay real juicy no matter how much you cook them.

Back