• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Abe's Smokers

Same ad popped up on my CL alerts. Never heard of em. But look alright from the pics. I was wondering the same exact thing.

Funny, I saw them on CL tonight too

Came here looking for info too, must be new kids on the block.

I know the owner. I had him do some work on my offset. Here's my personal opinion as I have seen these upfront.

They are a backwoods clone. He uses excellent insulation but the construction is thin metal. Little bit thicker than normal sheet. I think the insulation definitely help with this. The new ones might be different as I was only looking at the prototype.

Abe's smoker

Wow I haven't been on here for a while! I miss it.
I just wanted to respond since Kevin from Abe's just finished my "Entertainer".
I was interested in these as I once owned a Backwoods Competitor. I got out of the biz so I sold it.
Well I took delivery on Saturday and finally got to it on Sunday evening. I put a chimney of kingsford in and waited for the smoke. It came pretty quick! I opened up the dampers and cooked w no water to season it. I sprayed it w oil and got it up to 350. I shut down the dampers and it held at 350 for hours!
My assessment of Abe's Smoker- THE REAL DEAL!
I've owned 6 smokers (FEC100, backwoods, new braunfels, smoke hollow and 2 customs) and I have to say this is my favorite by far! No BS!!
It is a cabinet reverse flow that is shorter and stockier than the backwoods thus less top heavy. The finish is a rough black w the stainless steel doors.
The thermo is shatter proof and is filled w silicone.

This thing is built like a tank! Heavy duty construction- it weighs over 400lbs!
They use ceramic wool for the insulation and it REALLY WORKS!
Please pm me if you have questions.
I can honestly say you won't find a better smoker of this kind- ESPECIALLY for the $!!!

Only downfall from when I looked at them is the drain for the water pan comes out the back. I move my smokers around often and when I do they are laying on their back. The air intake vents stick out as well. would have preferred a flush design.

Other than that I'm sure they cook just as well as any other insulated reverse flow cabinet smoker.

If you guys are interested, better jump on one soon. He is already talking about raising his prices.

I agree that putting the drain and intake on the back is different. I have a solution for both: 6" rubber all terrain casters and 2 wood pieces in the back of the truck to keep the intake chute off of the bed. Also, I just hand tighten the drain and take it off to lay it on it's back.

If the decision wasn't already hard enough on what cabinet smoker to go with.

Yes, if you're considering it buy one NOW! I'm glad I purchased mine when I did.
He has a great product and the price will only go UP.

Back