• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

And now the waiting begins

joemat

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, after a lot of research and speaking to many a pitmaster at various competitions and through PM's here on the forum I finally placed my order for my new smoker. I am outgrowing the capacity of my two BGE’s and wanted something different. It was such a difficult decision with so many quality pit builders out there. First I needed to decide if I wanted a water smoker similar to a Backwoods or a gravity fed cooker. I opted for gravity. Second, with all the great builders of gravity cookers I had another tough choice to make. Ultimately my choice was a Stumps Junior.

Now I have to count the days until it arrives :shocked: However, my BGE’s are still great cookers and keep me happy on the weekends. That, and reading about all the great cooking you all are doing will carry me through to next season. Thanks to all the Brethren for your help.

Last edited:
Have had a Stump's Prince for a number of years and you will not be dissapointed in your choice. Great cooker.

congrats! That will be a great cooker! How long do you have to wait!

Someone is going to be happy...in a couple months but until then it will be pure agony!!!!

And what is this "season" you speak of?? Duck? Deer??

Smoking and grilling is not life or death. It's much more important than that.

Congrats. The twelve week wait is tough, I know, but it will be worth it.

Congrats ! on the new cooker. Be sure to keep those eggs blowin smoke until the new family member arrives

Congrats, what ever time stumps told you... Add 50%

Still a well built smoker.

Congrats!! I didn't know bbq was limited to a season.

Certainly cooking is not limited to a season, but there are not many BBQ Contests around here from November through April. Competition season gets going in full force in May. Can't wait to see all the pitmasters again.

I have had my stumps for about 4 months and man I cook on it multiple times every week. Hottest I have gotten my baby was up to 450. The wait sucks but it is worth it.

Back