Spicewine cleaning question (Trailer)

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For those of you with Trailer Spicewine units - How do you clean the grease out of them so they don't mold inside? Due to the nature of the drain in the water pan you cant drain it completely, and I've also noticed a build up of grease in the bottom of the fire box which could be very bad:eek:. I'm guessing the grease in the firebox area is due to it running down the front wall.

Trailer guys, what do you do?

I was wondering if you were still among the living Mike!

For the waterpan Mike, I just waited till it cooled and solidified and used a putty knife and scraped/scooped up the grease as best as I could then just used paper towels the rest of the way.

I noticed some grease in the firebox too.
Not sure what to do about that yet.
It looks like mine is running down the sides behind the shelf slides and down into the fire box.

Oh, hey Mike, did you see the pics of the Brethren decals on mine?

<------

I'm thinking it looks lopsided with all that red blank space next to it. What do you think?:wink::lol::tongue:

I don't use water in the water pan so I line it with aluminum foil. I just chuck the aluminum foil with all the fat in it. I also wipe the firebox after every cook. I only takes a minute or two and prevents a grease build up.

Oh, hey Mike, did you see the pics of the Brethren decals on mine?

<------

I'm thinking it looks lopsided with all that red blank space next to it. What do you think?:wink::lol::tongue:

I'm thinking that problem will be solved on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. (but a new one might be created:wink:)

I don't use water in the water pan so I line it with aluminum foil. I just chuck the aluminum foil with all the fat in it. I also wipe the firebox after every cook. I only takes a minute or two and prevents a grease build up.

Guy, can you explain how you line it with foil so that the grease doesn't run under the foil?

Do you run the foil from front to back or side to side?

The foil I use is the 18" Heavy Duty Reynolds.

I actually use one of those long grill spatula's from HD to scrape out anything left after a cook. If I've got an excess amount I might heat it up with a chimney's worth of charcoal...

For wiping down the firebox, I scrape off what can with one bbq spatula's and then just shop vac everything that fell. I only need to do that about once a week though so not a big deal.

Back