The almighty cheese post

Sounds like some classes I would love to attend...too bad I live so far away.
You can also add a sausage making class in there, that ought to go over well too.
that would be way cool! i have wanted to learn how to make homeade sausage and cured salami. but im scared of eatin salmi cuz its technically raw meat that has no bacteria cuz of salt and stuff. freaks me out. haha

Help. Alright now, this posting isn't so old I cant drag it up.

I tried, I tried again but I didn't get great results.

The whey was more like skim milk then a opaque watery consistency?

My uneducated guesses about what went wrong

Local milk TOO pasteurized? LowFat cultured buttermilk too cold, not the right stuff?
Not enough patience on the straining?

Tasted very good but....not a very good yield either.

that would be way cool! i have wanted to learn how to make homeade sausage and cured salami. but im scared of eatin salmi cuz its technically raw meat that has no bacteria cuz of salt and stuff. freaks me out. haha

Im a little leery of salami too thats why there is curing salts in it, nitrates and nitrites. There is a lot of variables in dried sausages. I was thinking more along the lines of fresh sausage that are smoked. Lots of variations in spices and ingredients.

Man...Im thinking of a good grilled smoked sausage and some good fresh baked bread with some good cheese...throw in some beer and some good mustard, we got a sammich to die for :hungry: ... or for the wine drinkers, add some fruit chunks and/or olives and theres a good lunch too

Back