2nd brisket.....frustrated

Here's the end result.......the flat was good but maybe just a tiny bit on the dry side but still good. The point meat was very moist and tender with great flavor. All in all,I was happy and it was 10'times better than the first one I did. Doing some burnt ends as we speak.

87F24148-9BF2-4B5B-A29E-80900111E0F7.jpg

Looks Great! Let's Eat!

Bravo! I was going to say "relax, don't worry, have a homebrew", but you did and sounds like you had a good meal. :clap2:

Attachments

• s.gif
    s.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 48
Don't look Half Bad-I'd eat it. :wink:
take them Slices put in casserole dish with a lil Beef Broth/Rub Combo and pop in oven at 250 for 1-1 1/2 hrs.......:mrgreen: or just Sauce em (I like Stubbs Original just thinned alil) in a dish and the next day leftovers will be YUMMY.

Bravo! I was going to say "relax, don't worry, have a homebrew", but you did and sounds like you had a good meal. :clap2:

My home brew is in the fermenter right now.....just did a batch on New Years Eve.

Here's the burnt ends.........they turned out most excellent.

C8354057-1F55-447F-A963-C1DDC9365EBD.jpg

Let me go a completely different direction.

I bet you never seasoned your cooker......

Spray the whole inside down with non-stick spray (like Pam) and then run it through a cycle of several hours at the 275 to 300 with no food in cooker. The walls will get a little black. For some reason, this will make the temperature swings smaller.

Nice looking burnt ends. Good job. Just relax. That is what its all about.Sitting back and enjoying your cook.

for guys trying to achieve a good product, it does not matter what type of meat, when its done its done..HOWEVER, untill you learn your cooker, you have to know what the meat is doing. You need temp probes at cooking level and temp probes in the meat, so you can track the tendencies, the stalls...When you are starting things are confusing..yes, probe till tender, but everyone gets woried and they will be sticking it like a porkupine pin cushion..
one thing to remmeber is you dont want to open your pit, run external wires to monitor the temps and write down every hour your temp of meat and temp of pit. I dont like to wrap, as I feel it hurts the texture, however if you do stick that probe tru the paper or foil and dont poke till 185 or so..
once you are comfortable, its not a big deal, but montitor from outside, and once you chart a few you will see tendencies of wierd stalls, then all of a sudden a climb in temp...
Finds a sweet spot for your pits cooking temp and also remembr outside air temp with wind factors, especially with a smaller pit. you will be fine!!

Back