Lang 60/48 Final

P

pufferbelly

DearBrethren .........

Final thought on the Lang 60 vs 48. (Additional Input)

* Not cookoff minded
* Will probably not cook for more than 30 at any given time
* Immediate family and small church groups. No more than 30 at a time

** If I ever change my mind for catering or cookoff purposes, I can always
invest in a 60 or the 84 Dlx.

Thanks, I really do value your feedback.

pufferbelly

DearBrethren .........

* Not cookoff minded

pufferbelly

You are describing a 48 patio [without trailer axle] and will fit nicely in the backyard. It can cook 100 lbs of meat.
Trust me on that. The 48 patio will answer those needs. If you can't locate a trailer to borrow... go for the 48 deluxe.

Only 10 Boston butts
picture.php

The 48 may be the one for you. I have an 50" Klose & I have cooked for as many as 70 on it no problem. One thing to think about - I have a vertical chamber in addition to the horizontal & I really love it for keeping things warm, making sausage, cold smoking, etc. I don't know if that's an available option for the 48 patio but it may be something you want to consider - just throwing it out there.

DearBrethren .........

* Not cookoff minded

pufferbelly

You defined a 48 then. If you're never going to use the other, it's just
a waste of money.

I have a Lang 60 and think it is the perfect size.

Good luck with your final decision. You will love cooking on the Lang.
Let us know what you end up buying.

You can always cook less food in a bigger smoker, but you can't cook more food in a smaller smoker. If you are considering 2 models, always go with the bigger of the 2.

I see that you are going to cook for small church groups, within 3 years you will be wishing that you should bougth the 84. Go on and get the big boy and be done with it. I bought smaller thinking this is the biggest thing I will need I am now at 48 sq/ft of cooking surface and use it all at memorial day hambuger cooking at church. There is no subsitute for capacity Imho

I see that you are going to cook for small church groups, within 3 years you will be wishing that you should bougth the 84. Go on and get the big boy and be done with it. I bought smaller thinking this is the biggest thing I will need I am now at 48 sq/ft of cooking surface and use it all at memorial day hambuger cooking at church. There is no subsitute for capacity Imho
My church groups would nbot be the whole congregation at any given time, rather, smaller groups of 30 or so within the main body. There is, however, much wisdom in your feedback. This is the food for thought I am looking for. Thank you.

I mean, IF what you said above is absolutely, 100% all there is, then it's a waste.
However, I have a 60 deluxe and 3 to 5 times a year we now fill it up, and frankly
I didnt think we'd ever fill it up. You wont save that much fuel with the smaller one.
Mainly it's the initial investment that you'll save. But, just one time when you find
you needed larger and you'll be kicking yourself.

I agree you should go with the largest option in your price range.

The fact is I think we all do this because we love the results we get. I believe our hope is that others love our results as well.

I would be honored if hundreds of people wanted to enjoy my cooking.

So to sum it up, I think you should get the largest unit you can, within reason. This way more folks can be enjoy your efforts. You can be a blessing to them & you will be humbled in return.

Back