somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
For dinner tonight, Not to bad.

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture051-1.jpg

Picture057-1.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Did you marinade? What did you season with? Can't find skirt steak around here.

Skirt steak is very popular in my house. I use it it almost every style, ethnic, preparation you could imagine. Try cooking it up marinated in the style of Korean short ribs served with quick Kimchi and rice.

I also marinate it in Italian salad dressing and after cooking I'll slice very thin and top it on a Cesar salad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Check with a locker, I usually get it out of our beef quarter, normally they grind it....what a shame..... makes excellent fajitas also

Those tacos look amazing, I could/would eat about three of those....and then go the couch :thumb:

No marinade but want to try one. I just do not think Italian dressing is what I am looking for in Taco's.

I did take a few seasoning ideas from BlueHowler, BlueTang and Kevin for the hamburger Tacos, that I never got around to make yet.

Even with little; to no seasonings...Skirt Steak is one of the most flavorful
cuts there is..IMO.

Nice looking Tacos/Fajitas/Mexican food.:thumb:

Try this for skirt steak tacos. I know it doesn't sound authentic or like it would be a taco marinade but trust me, its very simple and VERY delicious. People scarf these tacos down when I make them.

5 parts soy sauce
1 part red wine
1 part pineapple juice

Dip the steak in for 30 seconds to a minute and throw it on the grill. Do not marinade or leave in longer than a few minutes, it's strong and can overpower the meat.

Again I should have had something to eat before looking at this. I'm drooling here now.This is something marked down to make.

For those looking for marinades, soy sauce, worcestershire, teriyaki, olive oil, beer, lime or other citrus juices, can be great ingredients. Just remember that if your concentration of citrus is too high and you soak it too long you WILL start cooking the meat. EDIT: I have ruined some beautiful meat before by leaving it in the fridge too long, with too much lime juice.

Garlic, onion (powder, flakes, fresh, minced, or sliced), jalapenos, serranos, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and others all work well as part of the marinade or the rub.

If you want to start easy, check out fiestaspices.com and try some of their fajita seasoning. If that gets you into the ballpark you can look at the list of ingredients and start working up your own blend. I have several of their products available in the house all the time, as well as making my own when time permits. Tastes vary, but they have clearly found a combo that appeals to a broad spectrum of customers so that's probably a good place to start.

What a coincidence - that's exactly what we ate last night! I lost track of how many I had. They're addictive.

If you've got any in your area, go to a tortilleria and get them hot off the press. They're so much better than the Mission tortillas at Vons.

Back