Anybody have the Myron Mixon backyard smoker?

Here is the link to the website. I don't know how long he has had these available as I just saw something today on facebook about them.

Sorry, forgot to include the link previously. I wonder how long of a burn time he gets on one load of wood with it all insulated?

The big rotisserie cookers are the ones he put in his new restaurant. Not sure if it's a totally diffrent brand than JOS or if it's more of a line of JOS. Kind of Like a Ford King Ranch instead of a Lariat.

Holy crap, $3,500 for the smallest modle. I think the question is Can anybody afford to?

Tried to get pricing for one of the rotessiere's and the product is so new, that I was told.. "when we get that worked out, we will email them to you".

Oddly enough, they ship (and I assume) fabricated out of Wateford, CT according to the website. Gives a "local" option to us in the northeast to drive and pick up a quality smoker instead of paying an arm and leg on freight or taking a 5 day road trip to go pick up a smoker in GA, TX, etc.

I would be interested in burn times and performance as well.

Different venture than Jack's Old South?

I'm thinking it's to leverage it with his name. On Pitmasters when he has been a judge lately there is little mention of JOS but Myrons name is shown all the time, so instead of trying to push a product line with a name with little popularity they decided to use the popular name, the one with the higher Q score.

They forgot anyone with 3500+ in thier pocket for a smoker already knows the diference between JOS and Myron. The myron name might work with a line of rubs at the grocery store

They forgot anyone with 3500+ in thier pocket for a smoker already knows the diference between JOS and Myron. The myron name might work with a line of rubs at the grocery store

You under estimate the purchasing power of enthusiastic yuppies (I was going to say dentists but didn't want to offend anyone.)

You under estimate the purchasing power of enthusiastic yuppies (I was going to say dentists but didn't want to offend anyone.)

LOL

I have Myrons book and he stated he can outcook anyone on a trash can.

so maybe he should start selling $3500 trash cans

Jack's Old South cookers were made by an engineer named Britt. He had a monopoly on some kind of valve used in blast furnaces for steel mills. I believe he was from Birmingham. He bought out the company that made rotisserie cookers with the "ring of flame" so he could have the patent. His team, Britt's BBQ, won reserve grand at Jack Daniels in 2006.
Myron Mixon Smokers are made by a company in Waterford, CT, called Seconn Fabrications, so it is an entirely new operation. Myron likes to use full size aluminum foil steam table pans, so all his cookers are designed to have room for these pans.

Somebody say "trash can"?????Big Brother has a 9000$ Klose, little brother has an xtra large huevos verde. I took them on with ribs-picnic pork shoulder and brisket. My Pit Barrel Cooker kicked their arses. Now I fully realize a lot of people (specially yuppie/uppity) types are impressed with "nouns", but the absolute best Q I've ever eaten was cooked by an elderly black man near the Louisiana College campus mid 70's.
His cooking equipment was pecan coals in a double circle co-op can with a metal grate wired on the bucket. My pit barrel cooker might not make the cover of Southern Living magazine, but its going on this years Christmas Card.

But to answer your question. I know lots of patio heroes and all have multiple cookers, no one has nor have they mentioned the MM cookers.

Last edited:
i recently attended his class in Unadalia and the meat that came out of his smoker was the best i have EVER had!!!

the 60" will hold a 150lb hog, but cost 6k.

Has anyone had any personal experience cooking on one?

Last edited:
Back