View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I'm not sure what Texas Marshall was looking for, but the debate over the use of technology and the type of pit is one that has been beaten to death around here it will never end as long as different types of smokers and electronic controls are allowed in competitions.

What I don't understand is why people care what the team next to them or down the row is cooking on. Each team or individual has made a decision on what cooking method and style they want to use and has chosen a smoker accordingly. If I choose to run a traditional offset, and the guy on my right is using Weber Bullets, the guy on my left is using a pellet cooker, the guy across from me is using a gravity feed cooker, the guy next to him is using an insulated cabinet, the guy at the end of the row is using an insulated firebox offset with a Guru, the guy on the other end is using some UDS, and the guy around the corner is using a firepit and a rotisserie (aka Johnny Rotisserie ), what does it matter? we all have to produce food that appeals to the judges and get it there on time. Why does anyone care how the other person does it as long as they are doing it within the rules?

Cook your style and on your pit and forget about the other guy.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->