Shirley is full

barry w

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
She is full of chicken quarters for a local church event. It was a fun cook cooking on all three shelves. Oak was my fuel of choice for the chicken, hickory can be a little strong for chicken in my opinion. Here are a few pictures.

Chicken was seasoned with secret weapon, man does that rub make some mighty tasty chicken.

I got really busy and did not take anymore pics. Cooking this much chicken I think is a little more difficult than pork butts. It will be easier next time as I learned a little more from this cook. Y'all take care, Barry

Chicken is definitely harder to do well than pork butts, but just about everything else is too. Using Oak is a good call. Poultry can oversmoke with stronger woods and too much time on the smoke so I usually go for a hot clean fire and get them done fairly quickly but I should try oak in the future.

Thanks guys, hey Paul did you get the video my friend recorded. Your cooker Paul makes this possible. Shirley is getting called on more and more. Just what I imagined when I ordered the smoker.

Crushing it, Barry!

I can only imagine the smiles among the congregation with bird from that packed rig!

Thanks guys, hey Paul did you get the video my friend recorded. Your cooker Paul makes this possible. Shirley is getting called on more and more. Just what I imagined when I ordered the smoker.

Yes i did and i am totally sorry i did not reply ... i am working 12hr nights at the refinery... getting home at 5:30am sleeping 3 hrs then hitting the shop... trying to get ready for the big veteran cook in New York..... u are killing it with the cooker !!! great Job buddy

Man that chicken looks perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back