First order from Big Poppa Smokers

Keystone

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ordered some rubs and sauces as follows.

Money Rub - 14oz
Oakridge Habanero Death Dust 6oz
Plowboys Yardbird Rub
Big Bob Gibson's Habanero Sauce
Blues Hog Original Barbecue Sauce

Supposed to be here Friday. What others should I try next based on ya'lls experience?

Ordered some rubs and sauces as follows.

Money Rub - 14oz
Oakridge Habanero Death Dust 6oz
Plowboys Yardbird Rub
Big Bob Gibson's Habanero Sauce
Blues Hog Original Barbecue Sauce

Supposed to be here Friday. What others should I try next based on ya'lls experience?

Simply Marvelous anything

I like 3eyz rub. But, I would suggest you use up what you got first. I have a bad habit of buying too much too frequently. I got a closet full of rubs, and I'm probably never going to finish half because I've already ordered more. I'll shamefully probably end up throwing them out. Experimentation can be fun, but it can also prevent you from getting in a good grove with one product or technique. You'll be constantly trying new stuff and never master anything.

Yeah go 50/50 with the Tennessee and Original BH. Just sublime.

Thank you, my next order will probably just be sauces I can't get around here.

I like 3eyz rub. But, I would suggest you use up what you got first. I have a bad habit of buying too much too frequently. I got a closet full of rubs, and I'm probably never going to finish half because I've already ordered more. I'll shamefully probably end up throwing them out. Experimentation can be fun, but it can also prevent you from getting in a good grove with one product or technique. You'll be constantly trying new stuff and never master anything.

Yes, I also have that problem and not just with Qing!

Thanks for the replies/suggestions everybody.

Matt

Well, I just ordered a Maverick ET-732 and while I was there I also took some of ya'lls advice and got these coming.

Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce
Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy Rub
Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub

? about the Maverick. I'm going to use BobM's grommet mod on the 22.5 OTG and was curious where to put the grill sensor. TIA from a noob wanting to get better at this glorious art of cooking meat.

Matt

I figure there's no point in starting a new thread with the same title, here's my first order

Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub--5 lb 144SMB 1 $34.99
Blues Hog Original Barbecue Sauce 550BHO 1 $4.99
BPS Bottle Opener - for drum smoker kit 909DRM 1 $3.95

I figure there's no point in starting a new thread with the same title, here's my first order

Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub--5 lb 144SMB 1 $34.99
Blues Hog Original Barbecue Sauce 550BHO 1 $4.99
BPS Bottle Opener - for drum smoker kit 909DRM 1 $3.95
Nice order, and free shipping to boot! :wink:

Back