• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The new smoker is here - lots of pics!!!

The direct fire flavor of the BDS is really somthing special
I have heard about guys using the WSM as a lil Drum Smoker
(No water pan) We will be getting another BDS this month for a total of 2thats what we will compete with.

Everything looks great Mista. Can't wait for a pictorial of the new rig in action.

Samichlaus said:
You need to update your signature.

How are those ribs?

The ribs were good. Fell apart. Gott learn better temp control with this rig though.

Mista,

What is the max load of meat you can cook at once in that baby? In the WSM for example I can get two large butts on either grate, a large brisket on a grate or a couple of large flats on a grate or 3-5 slabs of ribs on a grate (using rib racks and a little tinkering maybe more).

With two grates, I could easily do 4 briskets or eight butts.

Bigmista said:
With two grates, I could easily do 4 briskets or eight butts.

Wow! Very cool. I cant wait to see some of your large cooks. When do you to pack that monster with meat for a big one?

It will be at least a couple of weeks before I do a BIG cook. Next weekend is my first saturday of in a while.

Bigmista said:
It will be at least a couple of weeks before I do a BIG cook. Next weekend is my first saturday of in a while.

What better excuse to cook can their be?

Forgot, you is married and still in honeymoon phase, you be spending time with the wife away from the smoker.

icemn62 said:
Forgot, you is married and still in honeymoon phase, you be spending time with the wife away from the smoker.

Bigmista said:
I learned that my smoker holds temp very well. 5 hours at 300 without moving. .

What you Cali's eatin that keeps you stumping for 5 hours at a time? Sprouts?

Time for both for me

It's the BBQ Tofu.

I actually saw a BBQ Tofu place in a shopping center in an Asian part of town. Didn't stay open 3 months.

Bigmista said:
It's the BBQ Tofu.

I actually saw a BBQ Tofu place in a shopping center in an Asian part of town. Didn't stay open 3 months.
I can understand this.:wink:

The Redondo Diner. Have no idea what they are serving. Hey...it's almost lunch time...

Totally worth it. Can't wait to get a few bucks so I can work with Norco on building a new one!

Back