Barrel House Vertical Cooker?

Thats not going to help me.

The "enemies list" is getting as large as the vat of liquid nitrogen is getting for those who fancy the BHC.

And with that let me end with...

The Barrel House cooker:wacko: is crap... the idea was stolen with the INTENT of stealing (which makes it worse than just copying), and made thin assed materials.

Oh. and someone takes a dump in every fifth one they make. lol And... wait.. their turds are laced with galvanized powders.

Oh.. and its owners love Obama if that helps.

i bought my 81 yr old pop a PBC for his birthday a while back. dad lives in denver and noah would take his calls personally to answer questions when i wasn't available. even followed up with my dad to make sure everything was going well. that speaks volumes.

buy a PBC.

Took a couple pics at Walmart
4d0d77f481c48c19d25155b2a1784d31.jpg
0ce44ec1ecee02505a46151e68e8641a.jpg
cf0d18af3c70574804358674c5a6dd59.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

These guys can go eat a dick. Let them hang it in their stolen cooker first, if they wish.
Yeah I guess... But that's like saying no one can build a kamado except green egg..

Nice feature how the barrel lifts off... Never seen a PBC locally

Took a couple pics at Walmart
4d0d77f481c48c19d25155b2a1784d31.jpg
0ce44ec1ecee02505a46151e68e8641a.jpg
cf0d18af3c70574804358674c5a6dd59.jpg

Overall how would you rate the build quality? TBH, I was THIS close to buying one of these 2 weeks ago. I had the box down off the shelf and loaded into the cart and everything, but at my Wal-Mart they had the floor model up on a high shelf so I couldn't really look it over like you did here. That bugged me. Also it bugged me that I haven't seen a review of this new model yet (all the reviews are of the 14" model). Didn't want to be a guinea pig so at the last second I reconsidered and thought I'd wait too see if any decent reviews came out.

Yeah I guess... But that's like saying no one can build a kamado except green egg..

The feature of lifting it off the base really appeals to me. Its sort of a cross pollination of a UDS and a Weber Smokey Mountain.

No, it’s more like saying you can’t build a kamodo after entering into an exclusive and binding agreement with BGE wherein you learn their manufacturing specifications, supply chains and costs, distribution, etc. and then turn around and brag about how with this information you’re going to fund your retirement! SMH.

Sorry, but I for one refuse to buy anything or support this POS in any way, shape, or form... OTOH, I love the irony of the direction of this thread of DITY guys copying the POS’s designs. Karma!

Noah told me awhile ago that he hopes they sell a lot of the Barrel House Cookers since he will get a percent of revenue if PBC wins the lawsuit.

That's great. I'm glad he's got a positive view that the legal system can provide him a remedy here. The fact that BHC has come out with this new model with the litigation still pending tells me this thing is likely going to be settled to the mutual satisfaction of the parties in the very near future. And we as consumers can just evaluate the products for what they are without sweating about the companies' business practices, ethics, etc.

The point isn't that you can't design a barrel/UDS but rather you can't enter into an agreement with a company under false pretenses so you can steal their work and then put out your own product.

It's a trash move and I don't understand how anyone could buy a BHC after knowing its origin story, even if their product winds up being an improvement over the PBC.

Settling a lawsuit to the mutual satisfaction of the parties involved does not mean that what's happened is okay. That's great if Noah gets a cut as part of the settlement, but its even better when Noah gets all of a PBC purchase and the BHC guys get nothing.

The point isn't that you can't design a barrel/UDS but rather you can't enter into an agreement with a company under false pretenses so you can steal their work and then put out your own product.

It's a trash move and I don't understand how anyone could buy a BHC after knowing its origin story, even if their product winds up being an improvement over the PBC.

Settling a lawsuit to the mutual satisfaction of the parties involved does not mean that what's happened is okay. That's great if Noah gets a cut as part of the settlement, but its even better when Noah gets all of a PBC purchase and the BHC guys get nothing.

Hopefully, if justice is served, the settlement is so “yuuuuuge” that Noah becomes the new owner of the BHC, after which I’d happily consider one.... Until that happens, I’m staying away from that POS company.

Back