Heading out tommorrow (Albuquerque --Pork and Brew NM State Championship)

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Will be on the road before 5 am. If we are lucky, we have a 7 hour drive to the Albuquerque area for 2007 Pork and Brew NM State Championship.

Looks like 51 teams competing. Wish us luck, we will need it. I am shooting for middle of the pack. I will also take a top 50 finish.

As always, we are, "Totally Que-less".

Good Luck G-dub! Go down there and smoke 'em!

Will Otis and the Bird be there?

MAJOR THANKS to Merl & Carol, as well as Gene Goycochea and Arlie B and the rest of the KCBS reps (that I am not calling to mind right now) that helped make this event happen.

Thanks also to Art and the city of Rio Rancho. It is clear this competiton cares about the cookers.

CONGRATULATIONS to our neighbors at the comp, J & J Redneck. They had an AMAZING performance.

----------------------------------------

4th Annual Pork and Brew
Rio Rancho, NM March 31, 2007
48 Teams Unofficial results

Overall
Grand Champion: J and J Redneck
Reserve Grand Champion: Carcass Cookers
3. It Ain’t Prime
4. Over the Fence
5. Oink County Cookers

Chicken
1. Three Smokin Holes BBQ
2. Otis and the Bird
3. Over the Fence BBQ
4. The Hog Pound
5. Lucky’s have BBQ will Travel

Pork Ribs
1. J and J Redneck
2. Carcass Cookers
3. Over the Fence BBQ
4. Totally Que-Less BBQ
5. OMI

Pork
1. J and J Redneck
2. Texas Rib Rangers
3. Carcass Cookers
4. Three Smokin Holes BBQ
5. Meat and Bones BBQ

Brisket
1. It Ain’t Prime
2. J and Redneck
3. Oink Country Cookers
4. Taste Buds BBQ
5. I Que for you

Last edited:
Congrats on the ribs!

What G$ said above. It was good ta see you guys again. Good job on the ribs! This was a great contest. They really know how to take care of the cookers. Don't miss it next year!

How was the new site guys? Was there good power and water?

Ray, power and water and ice free delivered to your spot. This is one of the best cooker friendly comps you can get. Didn't win the Egg but it's early yet:grin: . And the weather was pretty good.

How was the new site guys? Was there good power and water?

I only heard about the old site, so no comparisons, but the new one was pretty darn fantastic. They had gators driving around with Ice and water every couple hours. There were power spiders hooked to generators every 3 spaces or so - so no problems at all with electricity. They had hand wash stations and grey water dump stations dispersed throughout.

Free cooks' dinner Friday night, as well as a cooks' breakfast Saturday Morning.

Two 'negatives':
1) It was tough getting to our spot because of incredible crowds. No one to blame but ourselves - we were late arrivals. We got bumped to a far better spot anyway.
2) It is COLD in Rio Rancho in March. I think we were at 28 degrees over night. Need to see if we can push this comp back a couple weeks! Can't control the weather!

Oh yeah, congrats to Otis AND the Bird for the second place chicken!

That's good news. Art is a great guy but the site has been a major problem the first few years. A lot of teams traveled to the event but may have quit coming because of it so I hope the word gets out about how good it is now. Art has been promising this new site for a couple years. I',m glad it has come together and I hope to see you there next year.

Back