Pot size for mini help

T&S BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I saw a post last week about building a mini, and I'm going to give it a try. I'm using a smoky Joe gold and not sure what size Imusa pot to order. I think its the 32 qt. but not sure. It says the 32 is 13 dia, and want to be sure it will fit before I order, because I can't find one at a store. Just like to know if its the one that fits the bottom and the lid fits good with out any mods. Any help would be great.

I just built one 2 weeks ago and used the 32qt IMUSA. I bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond for $39. Fits like it was made for it.

When I built mine I checked all the big/little box stores to no avail. Now I see them any and every time I go to the GROCERY store. Any and all of them. Top shelf of the kitchen gadget aisle.

Vasconia is normally the best fit but Walmart is out of stock. There is another place online that has them for a decent price but the name is escaping me right now...If i think of it i'll let you know

Vasconia is normally the best fit but Walmart is out of stock. There is another place online that has them for a decent price but the name is escaping me right now...If i think of it i'll let you know

^^^this. I surcharge every Walmart around and every Target and all were out of stock and no one knew when they would get any more. For a few dollars more I was happy to buy it from BBB.

Is it Pfaltzgraff
That is were I just got my Vasconia a couple weeks ago. It looks like they dont carry it anymore.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vasconia-32-Quart-Aluminum-Steamer-Lid/dp/B00194DVJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407948341&sr=8-1&keywords=vasconia+32-quart+aluminum+steamer"]Amazon.com: Vasconia 32-Quart Aluminum Steamer with Lid: Tamales Steamer: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Cbxgd4G8L.@@AMEPARAM@@41Cbxgd4G8L[/ame] Amazon has it but the cost is a little high, $57.47. I got lucky when searching for mine and Pfaltzgraff had just got some in and had 1 left in stock for $29.99. Still have not got the Smokey Joe or any other parts yet though.

^^^this. I surcharge every Walmart around and every Target and all were out of stock and no one knew when they would get any more. For a few dollars more I was happy to buy it from BBB.

so instead of buying the IMUSA from walmart u paid double to buy it from BBB? youre kidding right?

I just finished my mini. I tried the IMUSA pot from Walmart but the top was too big. I got lucky and scored a Vasconia from Pfaltzgraff for 25 bucks so i used that.

You can use the IMUSA pot but you have to crimp the top.

A few reasons why the vasconia is better.

1. The top of the smokey joe fits with no mods
2. The handles have silicon grips.
3. You can use the Lid knob from the vasconia as a handle for your smokey joe damper.

I ordered the pot today from Walmart, and the Smokey Joe gold. I couldn't find the pot any where. I looked on the virtual Weber bullet build site and they said get the one from china not Columbia and it will fit great. Guess Ill find out and let every one know.

I've heard the imusa can vary in size and it's worth going to Walmart to see if you can see if one fits the lid.

Crimping the lip ain't no big deal. It is gonna get gunked up after a few cooks anyway...

pot was from target last march.
and it was the IMUSA 32-qt. Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
fit was pretty snug, but overtime(use) fit gets better:grin:
IMG_0241_zps33943cd0.jpg

Last edited:
You can order the vasconia 32 quart steamer pot at walmart.com and have it shipped to your local store. They will ship from a store that has one to your local store for a pretty reasonable price. I checked there is a bunch of stores that have them in California. When I ordered mine thru walmart that's where mine came from.

Back