BACON!!!! Best commercial smoker, open to all ideas

early mornin' smokin'

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, i've teamed up with one of my good friends and business owners, and we've developed and branded our own line of bacon! Feels great to call something my own. Well we've out grown our current smoker, pro-q 20xl, 3 stackers, i've rigged it up so i can cook 8 slabs vertically. Up until now, 50lb batches were cutting it, but now we're getting numerous orders for 25lbs and up, and it's time to start thinking commercial smokers.

Too many options, so i'm going to throw it out there. I DO NOT WANT PROPANE. I hate the taste that comes out of those pits. Looking at FEC's either a 120, or a 300. Or thinking about having our own smokehouse built. Hardwood fired in a small firebox in the bottom, venting to a baffle, than hanging all the bellies. Looking to do at least 200lbs a shot. Just a thought, each belly is about 12x24 and weigh around 12-14lbs. so if i'm going to hang, i need enough room to hang 20, same applies to cooking them flat.

I'm open to suggestions, figured this would be a great place to start.

kind of hot, try to keep the temp hovering just below 200. shooting for an internal temp of around 140 +,- 5degrees. takes around 4-5hours with what I use now. I set up the pro q for cold smoking with a hot plate in the bottom, it'll run right around whatever the ambient temperature is, only use that for duck bacon thou.

I really like J&R Oylers, but, that is stick burning. If you want set and go, then the FEC is a good unit. Go bigger than you think you need.

Back