KCBS and Restaraunt Depot no more

Hmmm so if can talk said neighbor in to going all they have to do is set up an account and chose to pay tax on all purchases? I'd hate to say......"hey neighbor, open a credit card so I can get brisket and tri-tip at a good price" lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
When I said cash/credit card what I meant was a pay at the register account vs an account with 30 day terms or where you can write a check.

BTW depending on which side of Fredricksburg you're on Alexandria might be closer.

Their website says there is already one in richmond, thats the one I was planning on going to. I haven't called them yet though.

I heard Dec 2012. RD website had 1st quarter of 2013. They don't have phone numbers listed as of yet. They are converting a Kroger that closed several months ago. Believe me. I've been keeping an eye on this building waiting for it to open. Might have to camp out the night before it opens so I can be the first one:pound:

I looked through the KCBS website and didn't see any mention of it other than the RD logo was removed from their discount page. I'm guessing KCBS figured the best way to let people know was to have them show up at RD and get turned away?

When I said cash/credit card what I meant was a pay at the register account vs an account with 30 day terms or where you can write a check.

BTW depending on which side of Fredricksburg you're on Alexandria might be closer.

Oh, I see what ya mean now. The business owner opens an account where they pay tax at purchase and they can authorize a non-relative to purchase with their account. Right? I live in south fredericksburg so richmond is a bit closer, I think. Besides, I have horrible horrible dreams at night about washington/alexandria traffic. :eek:

Thanks for the help :D

EDIT: va92bronco said the richmond store, in fact, is not open yet. I may be parked alexandria traffic some time ;-)

I heard Dec 2012. RD website had 1st quarter of 2013. They don't have phone numbers listed as of yet. They are converting a Kroger that closed several months ago. Believe me. I've been keeping an eye on this building waiting for it to open. Might have to camp out the night before it opens so I can be the first one:pound:

Sad news, but thanks for letting me know. Don't forget to let the brethren know when it finally opens. :D

Oh, I see what ya mean now. The business owner opens an account where they pay tax at purchase and they can authorize a non-relative to purchase with their account. Right? I live in south fredericksburg so richmond is a bit closer, I think. Besides, I have horrible horrible dreams at night about washington/alexandria traffic. :eek:

EDIT: va92bronco said the richmond store, in fact, is not open yet. I may be parked alexandria traffic some time ;-)

The Alexandria RD is right off 495 & Eisenhower Ave so no need to go into Alexandria proper. It's an easy on/off

If you aren't set up to buy stuff on credit or be tax exempt its very simple. My RD card has the name of the organization on it, not a person. Anyone carrying it can shop there. Get a business owner to sign up for a non credit account and ask for extra cards. There is no charge.

If you aren't set up to buy stuff on credit or be tax exempt its very simple. My RD card has the name of the organization on it, not a person. Anyone carrying it can shop there. Get a business owner to sign up for a non credit account and ask for extra cards. There is no charge.

Hmmm. So the card doesn't have a persons name on it, only the business name and they only ask for the card at the front door?

:doh:I was going to go next week anyone been turned away yet. Its about a 2hr round trip and i dont want to drive it for nothing

Last edited:
Hmmm. So the card doesn't have a persons name on it, only the business name and they only ask for the card at the front door?

Yes. They may scan the card at check out, but if you aren't charging stuff on the card, they aren't concerned about who holds it. My card doesn't have a person's name, and isn't signed, so anyone can carry it. I got 5 cards, so my teammates all have them too.

As others have pointed out, any business license will do. It does NOT have to be a food related business.

Yes. They may scan the card at check out, but if you aren't charging stuff on the card, they aren't concerned about who holds it. My card doesn't have a person's name, and isn't signed, so anyone can carry it. I got 5 cards, so my teammates all have them too.

As others have pointed out, any business license will do. It does NOT have to be a food related business.

Awesome.

Funny, I hadn't heard about this until today while in RD. But, I didn't hear about it from them. I heard about it from another Brethren who I bumped into in front of the Brisket.

When I got to RD today, I went to the desk, showed my card and asked for a day pass. The lady behind the counter said that one was already on the screen. I was good to go. No mention of this.

Went to RD today and used my RD card with KCBS on it. No problems at all. They took my money just like usual.

Sorry Brethren. It's all my fault. See, I just got a KCBS membership last week expressly for RD access. Figures it would go away. Didnt even get to go there once. I'm still gonna try it next week though.

Funny, I hadn't heard about this until today while in RD. But, I didn't hear about it from them. I heard about it from another Brethren who I bumped into in front of the Brisket.

When I got to RD today, I went to the desk, showed my card and asked for a day pass. The lady behind the counter said that one was already on the screen. I was good to go. No mention of this.

That was me. I used my RD card with KCBS on it. Scanned my card..."welcome"..No mention of anything. Hope it lasts. :cool:

Sorry Brethren. It's all my fault. See, I just got a KCBS membership last week expressly for RD access. Figures it would go away. Didnt even get to go there once. I'm still gonna try it next week though.

It seems not everyone is getting turned away, its worth a try if you don't have to drive too far.

I did the same thing, you can get a license without a health inspection, all they want are the $$$, dont try to sell food with it though, and watch what kind of taxes they will expect. You know government agencys

I show my KCBS card and get a one day pass. No discount. Pay taxes. Never offered a permanent card. OK by me... Just like the selection and prices. Has anyone been rejected for a one day pass?

I show my KCBS card and get a one day pass. No discount. Pay taxes. Never offered a permanent card. OK by me... Just like the selection and prices. Has anyone been rejected for a one day pass?

The RD in Mesa, AZ. just preferred to give out permanent cards. They felt it was easier for them. Using the card with KCBS on it, they automaticly collect the sales tax. If you're spending money with them, they like it. There's a lot of competition for the food dollars in Phoenix. Sams, Costco, RD, and 5 grocery chains.

Back