• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

16 Pound Brisket and a New Toy - PR0N

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The weather was so great yesterday I had to fire up the keg. I haven't cooked a brisket for a while so that's what I cooked. The only whole packer brisket I could find was a 16 pound select but it still turned out pretty good. I trimmed it, rubbed it down with some seasonings (pepper, salt, cumin, garlic, b. sugar) and injected it with some beef broth, garlic and black pepper.

I also got the chance to try out my new toy the Buttula. I have trouble getting large cuts of meat out of the keg because there isn't a lot of room in it and getting tongs in there usually results in ripping up the meat. The Buttula is a heavy duty spatula that is 8 inches long x 6 inches wide, and is made of 12 gauge (1/8" thick) stainless steel with a red oak handle. It worked really well and I was able to easily move the brisket around without it falling apart or messing up the bark.

I served the brisket with a variety of seasonings and toppings on the side including fresh avocado, Italian seasoning, horse radish sauce, fresh onion, BBQ sauce, cheez whiz, and mayo. That way, my guests could eat the brisket Philly cheese steak style, BBQ style, Baltimore Pit Beef style, Italian beef style, or Texas style with some avocado (that's what I did). It turned out pretty good and it was great getting outside in the sunshine and warmth playing with fire and cooking a big chunk of meat.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the point separated from the flat after cooking. I removed the excess fat and added a good coat of rub and put it back in the smoker for burnt ends.

picture.php

It came out tender, juicy, and full of great flavor.

picture.php

Looking good :clap2: Brisket is great, but I really love the point.:thumb:

Thanks, brethren. PORQY, it's getting into the season in my area for comps, finally!

looks really good Bo, I got 2 kegs of my own and love them. Nice smoke ring, what did you use for fuel?

looks really good Bo, I got 2 kegs of my own and love them. Nice smoke ring, what did you use for fuel?

Thanks, I used 2/3 regular K and 1/3 comp K at about 275 F.

Back