Easy and Delicious Hot & Fast Brisket - NO MEAT THERMOMETER NEEDED

Nice... I think this thread has given me the inspiration I need to at least try cooking hot and fast one time... looks tasty :)

Wow! Looking forward to trying this. Last brisket I did took ~18hrs LOL.

Great looking 'Q!

Thank you, thank you! Seems I enjoy sleeping more at night than stoking a fire these days, so this will be my next brisket cook....looks so good!

I did one of these with a very similar cook plan
Just wasn't happy with the flavor
Thank you for the write up

That looks awesome....and you can't beat your cooking time. Regarding the injection....have you ever tried this technique without using the injection? Just wondering......

Not that I recall. I doubt that the injection on this one added much in the way to moistness because it was cooked only about an hour after being injected. If the injection did anything at all, it provided a way to get some salt and seasonings down into the meat and that's about all.

I wish I had some of that right now! Thanks for posting this :-D
Does using beef consomme instead of beef broth avoid the pot roast flavor? Thanks!

I think the best way to avoid the pot roast flavor is to use seasonings that remind you of BBQ and to make sure the meat gets enough smoke. I used about 3 large chunks of oak on this cook and the meat had a nice mild smoke flavor. It tasted unmistakably like BBQ and not roast beef.

That is a beautiful and tender lookin brisket!

Do you put any liquids in the foil pan when you wrap it?

None at all. But, I do remove the fat from the au jus that results from the cooking process and use it as a sauce for the brisket.

Awesome looking brisket! On another note, whats up with the LANG!!!!!

I am in need of professional psychiatric help, that's what's up with the Lang. :laugh: When I am able to finally get it to VA I may post some pics of it in action.

Back