• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Nailed it!! First Succesful Brisket!

Aging beef makes a huge difference. I usually buy a brisket 3-4 weeks before I intend on smoking it.
Well done

Nice cook, and I commend you on not giving up, when you had no real idea why you were cooking a brisket.

I have no idea what you guys mean. I thought my first attempts were good, even though they really sucked compared to the real deal.

Good looking stuff right there!!

I injected Fab-B mixed just with water and some of the plowboys rub that I used.

I suspect that the phosphates in the injection and the high heat both played roles in the outcome of the brisket. I didn't wrap it but I did scale the heat back to 250 once I figured it had went into collagen busting mode. It probed super tender at 201 so I don't know how much the rest helped? I also put a few tablespoons of butter and a bit more rub into the foil when I rested it, if you figure that made a difference?

All I know is I'm going to try and do it exactly the same next time. Man, I hope it wasn't a one time treat.

I have found as long as you get to IT of 205 to 210 it will be good every time, whether its in the oven in a pot or on the pit.... Keep up the good work....

Welcome to your new addiction!

Once you've had good brisket, it becomes a drug. If you notice yourself getting the shakes, or sweats, smoke another brisket, and it will cure you. Brisket is a muse, a mistress, and at times an enemy. It can be a love hate relationship until you finally understand exactly what she needs - then it's divine romance, pure unadulterated bliss.

Back