Looking at an Offset From Outlaw

I have an Outlaw Enclosed and can't say enough good things about it. Great quality and fit and finish is amazing. There customer service is awesome. And the best thing is a 3-5 week wait time. If your on the fence about one you won't be sorry you made the purchase. Any questions PM me.

My dream smoker and close to home to boot. If i start saving i should have enough in about a decade. Sooner if i stop eating meat but then what would i cook on it.

I champion this top heat design and would love to see one first hand in person.

Oh and you guys questioning cost money is realitive. Ted lives where we vacation and has a stainless steel uds. Nuff said

I have the Hybrid model and it is so well constructed. Huge insulated firebox, hold temps like a champ! Just like any newer build start-up, they continue to improve things. Jay and Tyler are both very good to work with. Because Craig Welding is a custom shop, you can make minor changes to the build, I added a unique logo plate. I haven't cooked on a Jambo, but I have been very impressed with The Outlaw Hybrid.

I checked out their website and the YT videos. Pretty impressive. I just got done reading Aaron Franklin's book and it seems like this cooker is similar to what he builds and uses. I really like the intake system.

Hog1990, I see you live just down the road from me. I wouldn't mind checking out yours some day.

Wayne

I checked out their website and the YT videos. Pretty impressive. I just got done reading Aaron Franklin's book and it seems like this cooker is similar to what he builds and uses. I really like the intake system.

Hog1990, I see you live just down the road from me. I wouldn't mind checking out yours some day.

Wayne

Anytime, Just let me know.

My dream smoker and close to home to boot. If i start saving i should have enough in about a decade. Sooner if i stop eating meat but then what would i cook on it.

I champion this top heat design and would love to see one first hand in person.

Oh and you guys questioning cost money is realitive. Ted lives where we vacation and has a stainless steel uds. Nuff said

What does the "top flow"/"top heat" design mean? Just curious what makes them different from say just a standard ole offset cooker. They are some beautiful looking rigs!

What does the "top flow"/"top heat" design mean? Just curious what makes them different from say just a standard ole offset cooker. They are some beautiful looking rigs!

The outlaw smokers, jambo, Muscat (i believe, dont quote me) and to a point aaron Franklin all run top heat traditional flow cookers. Im sure theres more but these are a few im familiar with. Its as it sounds heat comes from the top pushed up by a reversed baffle and a raised up oversized firebox. The exhaust is dropped low. This creates a nice even heat distubution left to right and front to back with good airflow over the surface of the food. Its a great way to cook bbq. The only draw back i see is uneven heat up to down. This makes additional cooking racks less than idea meaning you'll have less cooking space per the footprint.

The stack is removable, so I might look at removing that to store. Would make a cover fit more easily.

Wasn't there one company that everyone liked for custom covers? Anyone recall that?

EDIT- Looks like www.GrillWraps.com

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger this AM. We’ll see how this goes. So far it’s been great. These fellows are very easy to deal with. I’d invite them over to eat, kinda people.

I'd 2nd that statement. My bbq brother "The B" was the one who was in contact with them durring the build but we went down together to pick her up. Couldn't have asked for nicer people.

Pulled the trigger this AM. We’ll see how this goes. So far it’s been great. These fellows are very easy to deal with. I’d invite them over to eat, kinda people.

Keep us updated on the build please, Im very interested to see how your build turns out and if your happy with the product and process. I may have to add them to my list of builders for my upcoming purchase. Thx.

Congrats Ted, looking forward to seeing your new cooker.

Congrats Ted. Welcome to the family! You're going to love your Outlaw!

Congrats Ted! Looking forward to the day you get it. :thumb:

Back