I had to build one to...mini WSM

msuman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I decided I needed to build a mini WSM with all of the talk lately. Since I already had the SJ all I had to do was gather the hardware. Nothing special with the build. Set it up to be able to use two grates, I used the insert for the diffuser.

uploadfromtaptalk1343527789999.jpg

Now all that was left was to break it in. I had been wanting some smoked meatloaf, so that's what I did.

uploadfromtaptalk1343527913032.jpg

Before going in the cooker.

uploadfromtaptalk1343528002330.jpg

Wasn't able to get a shot before slicing, everybody was hungry.

All in all I'm very satisfied with my new you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Looks good. I keep seeing these mini wsms popping up. I think I am gonna have to build one. What link did you use for the build?

I really just read all of them and combined what I liked. I liked the ability to use two racks in case you want to cook ABTs or moinks.

I've got to find a charcoal grate for the 18.5 kettle. I went to two different lowes and they didn't have one. I'm using a smaller one that I got at academy.

Must have been the week for mini wsm builds with a meatloaf virgin run. I did mine on Thursday. I have used mine twice now and very impressed. Nice build and nice looking food.

I have all the parts for my mini-build sitting in my family room.

Any tips?

There really is nothing to it. Measure twice, drill once. You will be done in an hour and cooking on it in an hour and a half. Have fun and take pics!

Back