KCBS Board?????

Good Luck to all !!!

I will be interested to hear each candidates ideas related to advancement of BBQ and benefits of membership related to both the competition side as well as for the backyard cook or general BBQ enthusiast.

http://www.kcbs.us/about.php

Mission
Our mission is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form. We want barbecue to be recognized as America's Cuisine.

yes good luck to everyone..

Also, thanks to everyone that called asking if I would accept nomination. I decided to sit this year out, there are good people running that I prefer not to run against or thin the votes on. Next years another chance.

So again, good luck to everyone, especially MERL and GENE and THOM. :)

REMEMBER

To be eligible to vote in the KCBS BOD elections, you must be a member of KCBS by December 15, 2008 at 12:00 A.M.

We had some who could not vote last year due to the cut off. You may become a member online at www.kcbs.us.

Merl Whitebook

These 3 will get my votes no doubt! Merl thanks for the membership update as I just checked mine and I am good until Feb.

Also, thanks to everyone that called asking if I would accept nomination. I decided to sit this year out, there are good people running that I prefer not to run against or thin the votes on. Next years another chance.

I agree with you Phil, there are a lot of good candidates this year and I cannot think of 3 better than the ones you mention above. It will be interestring to see how all of the candidates respond to the questionnaire.

Question to nominated BOD...

How many contests do you cook in a year?

I agree with you Phil, there are a lot of good candidates this year and I cannot think of 3 better than the ones you mention above. It will be interestring to see how all of the candidates respond to the questionnaire.

I will agree with you on the good choice of candidates this year, but would like support for Mike Budai also. He is an excellent candidate!! :grin:

Bunny Tuttle

Question to nominated BOD...

How many contests do you cook in a year?

Being a contest Organizer means I dont always get to cook
But somebody has to put the contests on :)

I will organize 6 to 8 in 2009
and hopefully get to cook in another 4 or 5

I will agree with you on the good choice of candidates this year, but would like support for Mike Budai also. He is an excellent candidate!! :grin:

Bunny Tuttle

Hey Bunny, I would be very interested to hear how Mike answers the questions. I will listen to all of the candidates and give them a fair shake. I vote on the issues not the person. :shock::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey Bunny, I would be very interested to hear how Mike answers the questions. I will listen to all of the candidates and give them a fair shake. I vote on the issues not the person. :shock::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So it's O.K., I assume, that he posts his reply to the questions on this forum. I will let him know to do so.

Thanks for listening!
Bunny:smile:

Todd, I think it is a valid question but should be only one of the considerations. We have spent many an evening discussing this and other issues at various cook off.

Last year we cooked 5 contests and this year due to Carol's new job 3 contests
I attended all 12 board meetings, each year
I was the contest rep at 15 contests
I taught 5 cbj classes
I read the bbq-brethren forum almost every day, and posted appropriate replies.
I wrote articles, posted information and made certain that members were informed every month.

But perhaps what I think is the most important, is that I am accessible to all members, believe in open meetings, the posting of agendas, allow members to address the BOD, and I hope that some day we can have members call in to listen to the meetings.

Thank you for your support.
Merl Whitebook
KCBS Board of Directors

So it's O.K., I assume, that he posts his reply to the questions on this forum. I will let him know to do so.

Thanks for listening!
Bunny:smile:

Absolutely! The more voting members know about each candidate, the easier it will be to make informed decisions.

Absolutely! The more voting members know about each candidate, the easier it will be to make informed decisions.

Sorry it took so long to get back. I forgot my password and had to wait for a new one. I talked to Mike today and he has been working on his questions. He will post as soon as he's finished. Thanks for the patience.

Bunny

I have asked that my name be removed from the list of candidates for the KCBS BoD
Gene Goycochea and Merl Whitebook have my full support

Maybe in the future I can run but the CBBQA and the contests we organize will be my focus for the next year

I have asked that my name be removed from the list of candidates for the KCBS BoD
Gene Goycochea and Merl Whitebook have my full support

Maybe in the future I can run but the CBBQA and the contests we organize will be my focus for the next year

Thom,
So sorry you decided not to run for the KCBS Board. I think you would have made an excellent member. I think it would be good to get a Californian. I do know Gene would be a good choice, too.

I am also supporting Mike Budai. He has listed his answers to the questions asked on the "Questions for the Candidates" thread. Hope you get a chance to look them over. He is a fantastic KCBS representative and has had experience in competition barbecue which I feel is extremely important for the cookers.

Bunny Tuttle

Those running for the Board I know must and have worked with a number of them.

Sonny Ashford NE
I have had conversations but can't say I know him.

Mike Budai KS
I don't know Mike but have heard good things.

Gene Goycochea CA
I have known Gene for a number of years and know how dedicated he is to BBQ and the charities he supports. Highly recommend.

Don Harwell SC
I worked with Don for two years on the Board, I know hard he works. I highly recommend.

Wayne Lohman TN
I can't recommend Wayne for re-election, I tried to work with Wayne for two years. I found him not forth coming with information that would be crucial for an informed vote on Budget items. I also question his relationship with MBN.

Merl Whitebook OK
I highly recommend for re-election. Merl has worked very hard to bring more access for members on Board matters. No one works harder at his job.

Those running for the Board I know must and have worked with a number of them.

Sonny Ashford NE
I have had conversations but can't say I know him.

Mike Budai KS
I don't know Mike but have heard good things.

Gene Goycochea CA
I have known Gene for a number of years and know how dedicated he is to BBQ and the charities he supports. Highly recommend.

Don Harwell SC
I worked with Don for two years on the Board, I know hard he works. I highly recommend.

Wayne Lohman TN
I can't recommend Wayne for re-election, I tried to work with Wayne for two years. I found him not forth coming with information that would be crucial for an informed vote on Budget items. I also question his relationship with MBN.

Merl Whitebook OK
I highly recommend for re-election. Merl has worked very hard to bring more access for members on Board matters. No one works harder at his job.

Thank you for your input Jim. Your opinion is always respected.

As long as we're doing endorsements I'll tell you that as of now I'm planning to vote for just three. Merl. Don and Gene.

Back