Coffe Origin Request Thread

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Landarc suggested this in another thread. Do you have a favorite coffee that you would like me to roast? Or is there something that you'd like to try? Just let me know and I will watch for it. No promises, but I will try and find a good coffee that won't break the bank.

BTW, serious requests only. Don't request cat chit coffee (called Kopi Luwak, and yes, I can get it at any time) just to be funny.

serious question.... are you referring to what i've heard called civet coffee?

Last edited:
Just keep pumpin' me full of the good stuff Ron. I trust ya.:thumb: I was quite fond of some Kenya AA about 3 or 4 years back that my MIL would get me from some local shop, but not even that was as good as what I've been drinking lately, so I hesitate to bring it up, but since you asked.

The aforementioned PNG would be great. If you can get a good quality Yemen Mocha and some tasty Java for a blend, that would be nice. You know, something with a good strong chocolate undertone and nuts and citrus on the top note.

sweet. if you ever get any of that to sell, i'll want in!

I can order it. Right now it is around $100/lb!!! :shocked:

Some Guatemala Antigua (pure) would be nice too in addition to the Costa Rican already underway.

I have some Guat Huehuetenango right now that I have been using in blends. Once that is gone I can look for a nice Antigua.

I can order it. Right now it is around $100/lb!!! :shocked:

I have some Guat Huehuetenango right now that I have been using in blends. Once that is gone I can look for a nice Antigua.

i'll be taking you up on that in the near future. i'll let you know.

Just keep pumpin' me full of the good stuff Ron. I trust ya.:thumb: I was quite fond of some Kenya AA about 3 or 4 years back that my MIL would get me from some local shop, but not even that was as good as what I've been drinking lately, so I hesitate to bring it up, but since you asked.

I have 15 lbs of a very nice Kenya that I'll roast in a few weeks. It will be $15/bag since the green was more expensive.

I am not suggesting you run out and buy it Ron, but, have you seen Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Peaberry out there? Did you guys cup it at all?

I am not suggesting you run out and buy it Ron, but, have you seen Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Peaberry out there? Did you guys cup it at all?

I have a nice Yirg, but not peaberry. I'll keep an eye out, but the PB is harder to find.

This is probably sacrilege but how about a decaf?
Is there such a thing as a good decaffeinated coffee?

I ask because I am on Doctor's orders to eliminate caffeine.
My last hurrah of caffeinated was a nice Panamanian Geisha and the decaf beans since have failed miserably.

We like Sumatra coffees, Ron. I'm liable to buy anything - well, almost! - that has Sumatran beans in it. :)

This is probably sacrilege but how about a decaf?
Is there such a thing as a good decaffeinated coffee?

I ask because I am on Doctor's orders to eliminate caffeine.
My last hurrah of caffeinated was a nice Panamanian Geisha and the decaf beans since have failed miserably.

Not sacrilege. i just don't get much call for decaf. i have a few pounds of a water process Ethiopian Sidamo but it's been a while since I roasted it. I'll try a test roast over the weekend if i have time so see how it tastes.

Back