• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Johnson County Fair Bar-B-Q Cook Off, Warrensburg, Mo. - July 10 & 11, 2009

Exe-que-tioner

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Who's going? This is our first time here, and looking forward to it except for the extended forecast that is predicted! Upper 90's w/high heat index! :eek: Oh well, been there/done that. Looking forward to a good time!

I think this is Juggy's backyard.......(LOL on edit, I see it's your backyard as well!!) :oops:

Best of luck to all cooking this one, our next contest is the end of July.

You got that right, Solidkick, I do hail from the 'burg. Unfortunately, I won't be able to cook this year. I have to take my 13 year-old son off to college in Kirksville on Saturday.

I will be making the rounds at the contest on Friday evening. I plan on visiting old friends and making new friends as well.

Beers to all,

Juggy D Beerman

No other brethren attending? :shock:

Juggy........ it will be good to meet you. Stop by and say hey! Haven't been here in Warrensburg too long, only since October. Originally from Grain Valley, Mo. Feel free to bring your vending satchel/cooler O' beers! :wink: Just kidding, the beer is on us! :wink:

Hope to see or hear of more brethren attendance............?

Last I heard, there were only ten teams signed up for Warrensburg this year. Three of those from last year (myself included) are going to Great Bend, KS because of Chest to Chest. I think another is going to Illinois for Butt to Butt. Also heard the new organizer died unexpectedly and the old one took over again. Hope this contest survives. It was our first ever and only Grand last year.

Not looking good. :frown:

Well, there were apparently a lot of emails that did not get answered because of the death. That may be a reason for only ten teams. Some of those may be salvagable. I might be wrong but I bet Connie finds a way to grab another 15 teams to get to the 25 needed.

Hope you're not wrong, Jeff. I 'm keeping my fingers crossed in hope for the 25. My e-mail did go un-answered when I inquired about how many teams were signed up a couple weeks ago. Do you have a contact for the new/old organizer that is taking over?

If I wasn't in a wedding this weekend, I'd try to make up a team. But I get to put on my black suit and tie and stand beside the groom under the sun this Saturday afternoon. I heard it might get hot too.

Hope you're not wrong, Jeff. I 'm keeping my fingers crossed in hope for the 25. My e-mail did go un-answered when I inquired about how many teams were signed up a couple weeks ago. Do you have a contact for the new/old organizer that is taking over?

Get your money back and come with us to Yates Center.:wink: I here Vern is going to be doing some naked slip-n-sliding out on the football field. Hope you get a full field. What happens if they only have 9 teams?

Hmmm... for four calls and a shot at a grand... oh what the hell! Like Pickled Paul, I'm only going to Great Bend for bull penis! :lol:

no we are taking this month off. But with only 10 teams maybe we should:icon_blush:

Spoke to Connie Skelton (vice president of Johnson County Fair association) last night. She tells me that as of yesterday they have 10 signed up and 5 more confirming. Said they are trying their best to get to 25 teams. We shall see what happens.............?????

The Plowboys were all over the map this weekend: Great Bend, KS; Shannon, IL, and Warrensburg, MO.

Randy finished 11th in chicken, 8th in ribs, 1st in pork, and 4th in brisket. Only second time he's cooked solo. So far, Randy has come out to cook four times this year and has been a part of three RGC finishes. Sounds like a good luck charm for sure.

Back