Pork Turn in thoughts

Q

QueTPiesBBQ

What do most people like to turn in for their pork entry. Chopped, sliced, or pulled?

Jeff_in_KC has a great presentation for pork... Maybe we can talk him into sharing it. He turns his pork in, 3 ways... I turn my pork 2 ways. Sliced money muscle on both side and then chunked down the middle. I would post a pic, but I don't have any on my computer at this time, Sorry!

Mine look very similar to Sled's...unsauced thumb sized chunks with a little extra rub sprinkled on and some sauce on the bark only.

DSC_0220.jpg

we don't use that green stuff down here , try all three make sure you use bark ,but we don't slice it either

You know, as a judge, I don't care what you put in the box; slices, pulled, chunks, chopped, or whatever. If I look at the MEAT and think, damn that looks good! I can't wait to get that in my mouth, then it is a 9 for appearance. The rest depends on how it tastes and how the tenderness is.

Thanks QN......now,. if we can just figure out how to get "If I look at the MEAT and think, damn that looks good" into your church bulletin....now, that would be funny.....:biggrin:

Back