Huge Breasts! What do I do with them?

sfbbqguy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I p/u these massive breasts at our local IGA on sale for $1.99/lb. Look how big they are...1.25 lb. each! These things are huge!
Was hoping to get a few fun suggestions about how to cook/prepare these monsters. They're real thick too.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 319
That musta been one huge chicken. I am glad they got that sucker before it got one of us.

I don't have much luck with grilled chicken breasts so I am all eyes here.

I was seriously looking for some suggestions on how to cook/prepare these things.
They're so big that most stuff we do with chicken breasts might be tough. Or, if there's something unique I mihgt be able to do with these because they're soo thick and big.

Cut them into strips, dredge them in self rising flour, then in buttermilk, then in the flour again. Fry until golden brown. Serve with mashed potatoes & gravy, macaroni & cheese and cornbread. At least that's what I would do.

Turn them into cutlets and then make some great chicken parm.

Cut them into strips, dredge them in self rising flour, then in buttermilk, then in the flour again. Fry until golden brown. Serve with mashed potatoes & gravy, macaroni & cheese and cornbread. At least that's what I would do.

That was what I was going to suggest.

Ive taken breast and cut them into strips.
Coat them with oil and rolled them in bread crumbs and 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven on a cookie sheet.
My kids devoured them in minutes.

Did this exact thing Sunday night.

Or I use them other times for kabobs or chicken chili.

I get these all the time, and are too big for me to get the middle done, without drying out the outside (on the grill or smoker)

They can be baked whole or fried, but I prefer strips like Crue suggests.

I've also halved them and done the Shake/Bake thing on a swim night. Will feed 4 people

Good luck

I think I would rub them real good to start with.
One with jerk and the other with cherry.
Then put em on the drum and smoke em.

DSC05705JPGa.jpg

Those are some nice ones.....How about pounding them out, adding some kind of filling, roll & tie, then grill? If I add meat like sausage, I cook it first. Ham or salami slices are good in there as well as any cheese or veggies.

DSC05698JPGa.jpg

DSC05703JPGa.jpg

Strips are good, but I would also consider brining if you would prefer to keep them whole.

Slice em into strips, dust with Plowboys Yardbird, wrap in bacon and smoke until you have CLOINK fingers!

Attachments

• cooking photos 021.jpg
    cooking photos 021.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 281
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Not sure exactly what I'll do but these are all great!
Will certainly post some pron of what ever I end up doing.
Thanks!

I'd add a step to C-B-C's recipe and smoke them lightly for 45 minutes or so after buttermilking them, then re-buttermilk them, dredge in flour, and fry them. Got that out of Smoke and Spice and it's farking GOOD.

I'll have to try that. Also use non-fat buttermilk if you can find it. I have one local grocery store that carries it. Way better flavor for chicken than regular.

Brine - for sure, then inject (chicken broth works) then fav. rub - then smoke (apple,cherry, pecan wood) - just did 8 lbs. of skinless/boneless over the weekend to vac/freeze - wonderful juicey smokey

Back