smokin a whole deer ??

T

tbrack

has anyone smoked a whole deer? I have grilled and smoked different cuts but have never a whole one ( like a pig). any tips would be great!:-D

Too lean for me,

Hold on, Throw a Fawn into the cavity of a huge hog. that would have to be good.

Too lean for me,

Hold on, Throw a Fawn into the cavity of a huge hog. that would have to be good.

Just like a Turducken except its a FOG or worse, a DOG.:eek:

If I was going to do one it would need something over top to baste it like a few butts or wrap it in bacon. Mmmmmm, bacon.

I agree, too lean for slow smoking. I've always wanted to spin one on a spit over direct heat.

Like they said, way too lean.

I have taken the ham (small doe), split it and taken the bone out, seasoned well replace bone with italian sausage, and tied back closed and slow smoked with good results. Lard needle helps a lot also.

Make sure you post pics.

I got a small doe last winter. I quartered it and smoked for a get together. Came out pretty good, used plenty of mop. Didn't have any complaints.

Syrian hit on the head, quartered is about best way to cook, I usually cook them just like a whole hog. A Vinegar base mop is the best and plenty of it. Go for it, you will like it.

Back