Call me insane, All in the name of BBQ science. 51 below zero

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score

I'll admit it's a tad frigid out....51 below windchill! Had to put the mini through the ultimate cold challenge. Spatched bird @ 350

So let's break out the big guns....with a little RO lump

The dogs didn't seem to mind....didn't want to go inside

Ok, i learned a little lesson. DON'T open both vents on the mini...i had a fire and the temp shot over 600*. I closed the vents real quick and put the fire out. I then went with one side open and settled it in around 350*

She's cruising along nicely now!:becky:

So don't ever open both vents or just with lump.

Now that's a manly cook!

Ditto on that!!!

I've been afraid to do anything and it's only (relatively speaking) been in the single digits in my area. Thinking about doing some ribs this weekend though. Some scotch and a cigar should get me through it................

Screw Dat!
I would be inside next to a nice fire.
Although it is a bit chilly down south. 32 degrees this morning. Should be in the high teens to low 20's tonight.

The Mav transmitter display froze up so i had to hang it on the inside of the reflectix so it could dethaw. :shock:

One thing that this weather taught me that I didn't know - -40 is the same temp in both F and C. That is the crossover. Interesting, I thought.

Sorry for the OT reply, but this just reminded me, and I needed to get it out, and the wife isn't here to listen to my "interesting tidbits."

That's crazy! I was debating smoking something this weekend in the snow, but I guess I am too much of a wuss. Bundle up!

You're insane and damn that is cold.

So do you think the bird will flash freeze while taking it into the house?

Back