• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

36 qt. pot from Academy for mini WSM build?

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know some of you have used this pot for the build. Is it an exact fit as is, or does the rim need crimping for the SJ top to fit? How is the rest of the fit?

Now that the Vasconia 32-qt can't be had for less than ~$45 (shipped), I'm thinking I might as well go large for $40. (+free shipping).

I've tried a couple of the IMUSA pots, but sent them back because I want a good fix out of the box, dagnabbit.

Some people think its crazy to spend $40 for a pot. The way I look at it, that's $40 for the pot and $30 for the SJ. That's a killer little smoker/grill combo for well under a hundred. Can't beat that with a stick!

FYI, all the local HEB grocery stores around me carry both the Vasconia and Imusa 32 quart pots for $19.98. I was in a store a few days ago and they had at least 40 out on the shelves.

The Vasconia used to be around 25 bucks...what the heck happened. It's a great fit that's for sure.

Well I'm going to assume they are gearing up for tamale season because I've never seen so many potential mini wsms in one place before.

FYI, all the local HEB grocery stores around me carry both the Vasconia and Imusa 32 quart pots for $19.98. I was in a store a few days ago and they had at least 40 out on the shelves.

What kind of store is HEB? What would you compare it too?

H. E. Butts grocery store chain is local to the central Texas area. I'd compare it to a chain grocery store that happens to have some of the best prices in town on everything. They are cheaper than the Randall's, Walmarts, Targets, and any other store that sells groceries in the area.

For an additional $10 or $15 you can get a stainless pot - I'm thinking along those lines :icon_shy

My seafood boil pot is a Outdoor Gourmet pot with strainer from Academy that I put on my SJG once, out of curiosity, and it fit. I don't have the box, and don't recall the size, but it looks just like that.

CD

Back