• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

Thanks for the info. Bob i think youre right about the trowel. I also used a trowel to make a coal rake. Ill post my oven tools when i take some pics

Wow man just Wow. i just went through all 22 pages and while i thought i knew what i wanted when i go after this project you just blew my mind. I don't care where ya live if you EVER are selling that house make sure you post it here i bet it would sell here faster then any agent could sell it lol.

Skip the house pic's email those to the wife we've seen all we need to see to sign the paperwork lol.

Here is the door painted with 4 coats of high heat paint, i only painted the outside of the door.

314ca6x.jpg

Finally got around getting my oven tools together.

8" peel, custom made coal rake made out of a steel trowel with the end bent. Brass wire brush with a scraper end. Large aluminum peel. Natural bristle brush, ash/coal shovel (home made). A bubble popper, i actually bought that to move pans in and out of the oven. A coal shovel and long tongs.

14098h3.jpg

2v0lx5j.jpg

Wow, V! I've been away for a little while. I come back, and am just blown away by what you guys have done. I love building and welding, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for masonry work. This project is just fantastic. Very sexy build! Congrats! :whoo:

Wow, V! I've been away for a little while. I come back, and am just blown away by what you guys have done. I love building and welding, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for masonry work. This project is just fantastic. Very sexy build! Congrats! :whoo:

Thanks alot Tish, really appreciate it. I think i feel the same way about masonry and stone work

Those are cool tools! I made my tools too, including a couple of them using 3/4" copper tubing as handles. I also use a length of 1/2" copper tubing to blow and clear ash.

That oven door came out really nice! Hope it's not too heavy with all the metal.

Those are cool tools! I made my tools too, including a couple of them using 3/4" copper tubing as handles. I also use a length of 1/2" copper tubing to blow and clear ash.

That oven door came out really nice! Hope it's not too heavy with all the metal.

Thanks man, i also need a copper tubing for the ash but thats all i need for now, ohh i also have a small cotton mop.

The door is definetly not light but its manageable. Ill have to get a thermometer also.

Any interest in an all expense paid trip to CT to build another one? :wink:

This project is so impressive. Anything beyond changing a light bulb I find challenging

Good Luck and enjoy it.

I kinda forgot about this thread and saw it now. DANG that turned out amazing! If I built that I would be showing pictures to everyone including strangers on the street. Very nicely done! Wow.

Any interest in an all expense paid trip to CT to build another one? :wink:

This project is so impressive. Anything beyond changing a light bulb I find challenging

Good Luck and enjoy it.

Sure just send me a cashiers check and ill be on my way.

LOL thanks for the compliments man. :razz:

I kinda forgot about this thread and saw it now. DANG that turned out amazing! If I built that I would be showing pictures to everyone including strangers on the street. Very nicely done! Wow.

Thanks man, i don't tend to show these pictures to strangers as i don't like the extra attention, but all my family and friends constantly ask me " WHEN ARE WE HAVE THAT PIZZA PARTY" and i say soon, soon.... :wink:

Thanks man, i don't tend to show these pictures to strangers as i don't like the extra attention, but all my family and friends constantly ask me " WHEN ARE WE HAVE THAT PIZZA PARTY" and i say soon, soon.... :wink:
Egg on my face. I forget sometimes that this is the internet and not very many people on here have met me in person. :doh:

I'm a very reserved person and I don't talk to many people unless they are in my comfort zone, and I don't like much attention at all.

Now that you know at about me, your project is so cool I would show it to random strangers in the street if it was mine. :biggrin1:

Egg on my face. I forget sometimes that this is the internet and not very many people on here have met me in person. :doh:

I'm a very reserved person and I don't talk to many people unless they are in my comfort zone, and I don't like much attention at all.

Now that you know at about me, your project is so cool I would show it to random strangers in the street if it was mine. :biggrin1:

Lmao, sorry if it came out in a negative way, that wasnt my intention at all, i appreciate your coments. But thanks for the clarification.

Lmao, sorry if it came out in a negative way, that wasnt my intention at all, i appreciate your coments. But thanks for the clarification.
Nothing negative at all...I explained a little more so the full scope of my compliment was understood. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing your build!! You are very talented from concept to finish product!!

I'm sure you will enjoy many years of great food from your pizza/bbq work station!!

Man that is going to be sweet!! We're all waiting to see some pies come out of that thing. Looks like it will be soon. I can't compliment you enough on the great job you have done, plus the fortitude to trudge ahead to the finish. Great work!!

Back