View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Pork Shoulder over Mojobricks w/pr0n!

So a while back smokinit was nice enough to send out a few samples of the cherry mojobricks and I promised I'd give a review on them in return. Well, better late than never.

Pork shoulder was on special this week for $.99/lb and it's been a while since I did anything other than a butt.

I have an egg and I usually use a couple fist sized wood chunks, so I got out the table saw an cut the bricks into quarters. They were the perfect size for the egg. I lit 2 spots of Humphrey's lump and threw 1 quarter mojobrick on each lit spot.

They started to smoke pretty much right away and it only took about 30 minutes until I was ready to throw the meat on.

I rubbed up the shoulder with Oakridge Secret Weapon and some Big Butz Pig Pollen.

I put the butt on at midnight, set the ique110 to 225, which I haven't done in quite a while and it came off at around 2pm the next day. Straight up on the grate, no foil, no spritzing.

Sadly I didn't get any shots of it pulled.

The color was great and it had fantastic smoke flavor. I'll definitely be looking into some more when I run out. Thanks again smokinit!

On another note. I tried some of your Purple Pork Masters Sauce and it is totally out of sight. It just might be good enough to bump Blues Hog right outta my frig. Go get you some people!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->