Grillin in Grafton? Grafton WI

B

BBQ John

just saw this on the KCBS site. anybody have info or plan on going?

I'll be looking into this one! This weekend I'm doing the cookoff in New London sponsored by Earth Sense Energy in Green Bay. It has a $500 grand prize along with a new Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone pit.

I've e-mailed the contact listed on the KCBS site twice in the past month and have not received a response. I was going back and forth between that one and the one in Kenosha the following week and have decided on Kenosha.

I am planning on doing the 3 in a row ,Grafton,Kenosha ,Warrens .

I've e-mailed the contact listed on the KCBS site twice in the past month and have not received a response. I was going back and forth between that one and the one in Kenosha the following week and have decided on Kenosha.

I've sent them two e-mails as well with no response. I sent in our entry for Kenosha this morning. We're undecided about Warrens. There are at least two other comps the same weekend, Ames, IA and Dubuque, IA. I guess we could do Warrens on 92&3 and then move to Dubuque for 9/3 & 9/4 :rolleyes:

I sent a third email and did get a reply this time .

Hello John,
I will be sending an application and more info out this week, there were some issues with our application.
thank you

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM, John Cossman <bringintheheat@live.com> wrote:
Just wondering if any one reads these emails.This is my third attempt to get information.I have also seen others posting that they are not getting replies. Although I plan on doing all the comps in Wi ,othershave decisions to make and are looking for information.Thank You ,John Cossman

Thanks, Coz... Hopefully they follow through. it looks like it is being coordinated by a Chicago event production company. You know how those Chicago people are... :becky:

Still no response from the organizer, but I noticed that the application is online now...

http://starevents.com/events/bbq-festival/

BUT... The prize info that is posted only lists prizes for GC and the top three in each meat, not the top two overall and the top five in each meat as required by KCBS. I've sent the organizer a question about this.

I hope you mentioned some of us wont fit in a 20 X20 spot ? See ya in INDY !

Did you get confirmation that you made it as a wildcard?

I had a message on the answering machine tonite when I got home and it sounded like we moved up the list .I just checked and Rollin Smoke is not signed up yet. I will know more tomorrow.

Good Luck!

How will The Rainmaker react being outside of Wisconsin? :becky:

If I could fix the chicken blues it was damn good in the Open at the Royal :heh: Bring your rainsuit :drama: did you ever send me your address ?

I read the application online, too. It says that set-up starts on Saturday at 7:30 am. Does that mean that the turn-ins and judging are on Sunday?

I have been unable to get a response as well......

I read the application online, too. It says that set-up starts on Saturday at 7:30 am. Does that mean that the turn-ins and judging are on Sunday?

The way I read it is a Saturday /Sunday contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received any response from the organizer for this? I''m ready to forget about this one and look for something else.

I asked about the spaces and she said she would check and get back to me.

Back