View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Default leftover pulled chuck? mac'n'cheese!

With a big thank you to Alien BBQ, whose recipe I started with, I wanted to share a complete out-of-the-park knockout at a reunion potluck I went to today. I had about 3/4 lb. of pulled chuck left over from a recent cook (it was 1-1/2 but the two teenage boys started nibbling ..) and I made this macaroni and cheese dish where you smoke the cheese first and has all this yummy stuff (sour cream, heavy cream, hoo boy). Pic below.

Some of the other people who came to this event are professional chefs and caterers and they brought real good food too, but oh, man everyone went for this smoked cheese dish!

I made it just like Alien's recipe except I used already-smoked beef instead of smoked sirloin steak and I added half a roasted-seeded-peeled red bell pepper, diced, for color. Oh, and the last half an hour I kicked it up to 300F because it wasn't real melted looking.

Here's the original recipe, which gets cited around here every so often (but not too often for me): http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13998

This one is a serious keeper, folks!

seattlepitboss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smokedMacNCheeseBeef.jpg (80.5 KB, 115 views)
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->