Thread: Contest Results Top Tens from DC
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan - 3eyzbbq View Post
Great showing! Sorry you had to cancel the MIM event. That contest convinced me I need a trailer with A/C......
Tell me about it!! We didn't bring the trailer based on the extra space cost and another reason I'll not air in the public forum (out of respect for the person who helped convince me not to). In retrospect I deeply regret that decision. Man I was in bad shape Saturday night when you guys walked past me on the way to the hotel. Felt 100% better on Sunday, though and the chicken call really made our day.

Once again, ribs got us. When you pick up a slab to move it and a bone slides out, then that is what I'd call "overcooked". I quit using a WSM so I could utilize the racks in my Onyx and get four racks in a single cooker. The Onyx has been working great for pork butts, so it's not the cooker. Nonetheless, I think I'm going to go back to the WSM and see how that works for me. Since I've got a 22.5" WSM, I'm considering the Ribolator so I can get four racks in without too much aggressive trimming/sizing.