• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SAms Club Ceramic Grill

crookid

Found some matches.
Reaction score
While walking through Sam's Club in Dover, Del yesterday I saw a BGE clone. It was black and lkooked exactly like the BGE. not sure if it was a large or XL. It came with an ash tool and plate setter. Price was $499. It was made in China and is sold as a Masterbuilt Backyard Classic. Does anyone have one of these?

I'm not seeing anything on Sam's Club website that looks like a BGE.

Did it look like this?

MP10000278374_P255045_500X500.jpg

I don't need to see it. You said "Made in China". Nuff said.

The BGE is more expensive, but is money well spent in the long run.

Haven't seen it as I have no Sam's close to me, but at the HPB expo in orlando, FL this past march there were ceramic cookers everywhere. Some were clones of BGE's others were actual BGE's with different names on them.

Viking (big commercial range manufacturer) even had a BGE clad in brushed Stainless steel. I think we'll start seeing a large amount of knock offs in the near future. The ceramic cooker's 15 min has arrived.

Edit: There are also ALWAYS a ton of... Umm... how you say, "Folks" from Asia snapping pictures of every new product out there. They barely speak english and they are VERY interested in your product. If you are smart, you don't allow ANYONE to take pictures.

Forgot the unit also had 2 side shelves and a stand. It was black. item # 501672

Edit: There are also ALWAYS a ton of... Umm... how you say, "Folks" from Asia snapping pictures of every new product out there. They barely speak english and they are VERY interested in your product. If you are smart, you don't allow ANYONE to take pictures.

You know what is interesting about the Chinese, they knock stuff off EXACTLY has the see it, even if a product has a flaw or a crack or something like that you get it with those included.

Old saying when working with Asia, if you want a product manufactured overseas, Japan or Taiwan if you want it exact or even better, China you get the first container pretty close, second container even farther away from the original and the third container you open at you own risk, cause you never know what going to be in there!

You know what is interesting about the Chinese, they knock stuff off EXACTLY has the see it, even if a product has a flaw or a crack or something like that you get it with those included.

Old saying when working with Asia, if you want a product manufactured overseas, Japan or Taiwan if you want it exact or even better, China you get the first container pretty close, second container even farther away from the original and the third container you open at you own risk, cause you never know what going to be in there!

But they always come with concise instructions.:confused:

I saw one at a DFW Sams. The cooker reminds me of....ya know how you work through the instructions putting something together but leave all the bolts/nuts loose....then at the end snug everything up...... that's what the cooker reminded me of.....everything is snug but still has that loose feeling.

The ceramics looked to be a mix of slip cast and hard pressed which is ok. Just not sure how "high temp" the ceramic formula(s) is/are on the pieces......

The price is right as you get a lot of cooker/set-up. But still comes down to how to warranty a Sam's product months later.

t

I'll take my Mexico-made BGE over a China-made Imitation any day of the week.

"Pay once, Cry once!!"

I'll take my Mexico-made BGE over a China-made Imitation any day of the week.

"Pay once, Cry once!!"
Heck, I'll take the $299 Home Depot priced Bubba Keg over the $499 Chinese rip any day.

Actually, I did. :becky:

Back