Three great pit builders at The Big Pig Jig

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Three great pit builders at The Big Pig Jig

Walter (Stump) Mc Dowell "STUMPS SMOKERS"
Jamie Geer "JAMBO PITS"
Jay (Spice) Curry "SPICEWINE SMOKERS"

Now if that aint American BBQ I don't know what is.
As a BBQ enthusiast it was a special treat to stand back as these three pit builders talked about their work. These three guys are part of the building blocks of the American culture we as BBQ enthusiasts are enjoying every day.

Attachments

• Big Pig Jig 010.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 010.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 298
Those guys are some of the best people you will ever meet. I was so gratefull to be in their presence. If you get the chance, please go and meet the masters of their craft. They are both great guys and great Ambassidors to BBQ.

I give a lot of credit to those guys to be able to do what they do every day.I am a fabricator and what they do on a daily basis in todays economy is incredible.I have seen several examples of the work they do and its easy to see how they earn the loyalty of their cooks.Very nice fellas.

I've never seen a shadier group of guys! 8)
I bet it was fun...

Guys, I was there first hand to witness this.. I spend a lot time on this forum and others alike and I read about these guys all the time. It's one thing to read about these guys in the forum but it is nothing like meeting these guys face to face. Standing their under the tent with them and listening to these guys talk about smokers were incredible.

I've never seen a shadier group of guys! 8)
I bet it was fun...

and you had the kahunas to say what some of us were thinking.......in a joking way of course.....just think, without these three guys, we'd all be using WSMs, or FEs....with an occasion Klose here and there...:twisted:

The Big Pig Jig is a neat place.

Unlike most (probably all) BBQ competitions, at the Big Pig Jig they have permanent team cooking areas. Some of the sites are very well built.

Sure glad I happened on this thread to see my old buddy Stump in the company of two more great builders.

Back