pork belly ?

Yeah but I see people on television cooking with it and there not making bacon.

BBQ like spare ribs taste the samre but lot more flat and it boneless.

Here some getting ready to go.
DSCN9477.jpg

where can one find a pork belly?? Ive never seen em in the stores. other than already made bacon.

Kimchee Chiga (soup with Kimchee and pork (pork belly))
Chagamung (Soybean paste with zucchini and pork belly)
thin sliced seasoned and grilled
just a few from my time in Korea sorry about the spelling I have a hard time with English spelling add the foreign words and I am truly lost.

where can one find a pork belly?? Ive never seen em in the stores. other than already made bacon.

Have no idea about where you are in TX, but Asian markets here in ATL are usually a good bet. We have one that pretty much breaks down all their own pigs in house- they have bellies, baby backs w/ tons of loin meat, and legs that I've had them cut for ham hocks.

Pork belly dishes are kind of a culinary trend right now. Some (way hipper than me) say it's already done. But the pork buns at Momofuku in NYC (steamed bread, roasted pork belly, and an Asian-style slaw) were a revelation.

I know it's not BBQ but braising bellies in a bit of stock and wine is always a good method. We have been doing braised lamb bellies lately and I have to say it's one of the greatest things I've ever tasted.

I have found them in international markets in bigger cities.....mainly Nashville where I live.

Any decent butcher should have them too. I love to marinade pork belly then slow cook it until it's nearly falls apart.

Back