3 Compartment sink question

rooster445

Reaction score
I've been doing IBCA events and wanting to jump into KCBS events but the sink thing scares me.... What do I actually need and would any of you have pics of their setups?

3 bus tubs, one with soap, one with fresh and one with bleach or water sanitizer tablets. Done.

Nothing to be frightened of. 3 of these
bus-tub.jpg

Set up as described above (water, bleach, soap) and you are all set

We use the 3 bus tubs and I also bought my lovely wife(cheif dishwasher) a coleman instant hot water heater for those cool mid western spring and fall days.:caked:

I have never been to a contest that has required a three bay sink.(If you are vending yes, a contest no) A couple have required hot water but not the sinks.
Do you have an idea which contests you will be doing?

I've only been to one KCBS contest out of about 30 that ever required this level of sanitation. As far as I know, it was due to county health department regs and not specific to KCBS. Anyone else? Is this a KCBS rule or health department rule you are trying to abide by? We have hot water and a two vat sink in our trailer but we've never been checked to my knowledge.

KCBS Reps in the Northeast ask to see the 3 bins and your bleach/sanitizer tablets during meat/site inspection when you check in...with the unspoken expectation that they will be set up and used.

Is this a KCBS rule or health department rule you are trying to abide by?

Yep... It's in the KCBS rules...

Sanitizing of work area should be implemented with the use of a bleach/water rinse (one cap/gallon of water). Each contestant will provide a separate container for washing, rinsing and sanitizing of utensils.

Now... I have never been at a KCBS comp where this was checked :rolleyes:

I will be competing in Oklahoma..... Does the water need to be a certain temp ?

Back