• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Performer with no gas ignition?

HeSmellsLikeSmoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picked up the Performer Stainless yesterday which I found on CL. It has "EE" stamped into the top vent, making it a 1999 model from what I understand.

I was a bit surprised to find that it does not have gas ignition. For some reason I was under the impression that gas ignition as well as the cart was what made it a Performer. Oh well, I don't see it as a big deal. I just didn't realize that Weber ever made a performer without it.

Gonna get a new top grate and try it out tomorrow.:mrgreen:

Edit: Gotta thank our new brother Rusty Barton for letting me know about the CL Post for this Performer.

Pat- This is what they look like. ( with rotisserie ring )

100_1394-1.jpg

Coming soon the WSM Performer!

Brian

Here's a diagram of the Performer Charcoal from the Weber web site:

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/support/part/schematic.aspx?inc=P801001

Here's a link to the PDF manual of the "Performer without Touch-and-Go"

http://www.weber.com/manuals/pdf_files/Performer_Charcoal_39947_11_1996.pdf

Thanks Rusty. It came with a manual, but of course, it didn't let on that it was the last year before the Touch-and-Go was gonna come out. :mrgreen:

The pre-2000 date is the key.

It's not a Performer it's a Weber One-Touch Platinum Kettle

In all other respects other than the gas ignition, it looks like a Peformer -- not like the one in the picture you posted. Imagine a Performer Stainless with the gas bottle removed. They did call it a Performer in 1999. I have the manual with it -- says right there on the front of the manual "Performer"

That is why I was surprised in the first place. I will post a picture of it today.

In all other respects other than the gas ignition, it looks like a Peformer -- not like the one in the picture you posted. Imagine a Performer Stainless with the gas bottle removed. They did call it a Performer in 1999. I have the manual with it -- says right there on the front of the manual "Performer"

That is why I was surprised in the first place. I will post a picture of it today.

How wierd is that!!!!

Oh, the keg. It was my FIL's, used to make pickeled Herring. Man that stuff stunk! Farker ate Lutefisk too! He fished in Alaska with Norwegians and Scandahoovians.

Brian

Are you saving the keg to use for smoking? That would make for an intresting smoke.

Back