KCBS family membership question

CajunSmoker

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I applied last week for a family membership for the wife and I. We are planning to go to judging classes on Feb 23 and it was a little bit cheaper to do a family membership through KCBS than to pay for 2 non member fees for the judging class which included first year fees for KCBS membership in the judging class fee.

I received an e-mail this morning from the organizer of the judging class saying that it was his understanding that family membership rates were only available as a renewal, not for first time members. Has anyone else heard this. It does not say that on the application and the girl on the phone took my credit card info and it has shown up on my bank records already.

I'm going to call the organizer this morning and discuss it with him, but I thought someone here may have some insight.

Thanks

Rodger
Cajunsmoker

I have a KCBS membership question. I joined last spring when I took the judges class up at Meadow Creek in New Holland PA. Will I receive any renewal notice or do I have to resubmit another application to join again? I am not sure what the class date was.
thanks in advance for the answer.

I have a KCBS membership question. I joined last spring when I took the judges class up at Meadow Creek in New Holland PA. Will I receive any renewal notice or do I have to resubmit another application to join again? I am not sure what the class date was.
you should get an invoice for renewal from the KCBS.

Been a member for 3 years and have not received a renewal as of yet. The only way i knew that it expired the last time was back in December when i was nominated for the BOD I was reminded.

Here's what you do..

I applied last week for a family membership for the wife and I. We are planning to go to judging classes on Feb 23 and it was a little bit cheaper to do a family membership through KCBS than to pay for 2 non member fees for the judging class which included first year fees for KCBS membership in the judging class fee.

I received an e-mail this morning from the organizer of the judging class saying that it was his understanding that family membership rates were only available as a renewal, not for first time members. Has anyone else heard this. It does not say that on the application and the girl on the phone took my credit card info and it has shown up on my bank records already.

I'm going to call the organizer this morning and discuss it with him, but I thought someone here may have some insight

Just call up the organizer of the CBJ class and sign you and your wife up SEPARATELY to do the class. There is no "family" price for a CBJ class because CBJ's are individuals. Do the Individual Member price for each of you and don't even bring in the family membership portion of the program to them. They just need to know if EACH of you are members or not.

Hope this helps.

Steph

to clarify my earlier statement, we got a family discount on becoming NEW KCBS members, No family discount on a judging class.

Been a member for 3 years and have not received a renewal as of yet. The only way i knew that it expired the last time was back in December when i was nominated for the BOD I was reminded.

Quote:

you should get an invoice for renewal from the KCBS.

It seems like I was a member several years ago. I do not remember getting a reminder that my memebership had expired. I rejoined when I took the judging class and don't want it to run out again. I guess I should just send it in instead of waiting.:eusa_clap:roll::icon_shy

I'm going to call the organizer this morning and discuss it with him, but I thought someone here may have some insight.

Thanks

Rodger
Cajunsmoker

I can not say for sure, but last year it was for renewal only, but they were looking into having it for first time memberships this year. If they took and cleared you credit card I would say you are all good.

We got a notice, but I have heard several did not get their notices. This is something KCBS should clear up and have running smoothly. Alot easier to maintain members than find new ones.

Just call up the organizer of the CBJ class and sign you and your wife up SEPARATELY to do the class. There is no "family" price for a CBJ class because CBJ's are individuals. Do the Individual Member price for each of you and don't even bring in the family membership portion of the program to them. They just need to know if EACH of you are members or not.

Hope this helps.

Steph

As an organizer that runs a CBJ class we ask for membership numbers and clear them with KCBS prior to the class. If somebody gives me a number and KCBS gives the all clear then no sweat off my nose. It does not matter to me if it is individual or family just as long as it clears KCBS.

i don't think ive gotten a renewal notice in 2-3 years

I spoke with the class rep today and he said not to worry, that the ? had never come up until this class and this year he has several other couples with the same thing going on. He was calling KCBS today to get it all clarified and he said if the KCBS was OK with it then all was well. Since he didn't call me back or e-mail me with any problem then I assume it is fine now.:-D

Back