Dickies BBQ coming to town.

Not a fan. There is one right by my office and I have only eaten there once. I won't go back. I would rather have tacos from Jack in the Box than bbq from Dickies.

Hey, Jack in the Box taco's were a staple of mine when I worked for a 24 hour service company in Houston back in the early 70's! Drive through, grab a couple of tacos, some fries and a drink and keep on rolling to the next call. On the go eating at its finest. :thumb: We don't have any J I B's around here. :confused:

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

We got food several times from one of our (many) local Dickies... the last time, my youngest daughter told me that if I ever got food from there again, she was going to hurt me...:boxing:

There was one that opened up near my hood a few years ago. It was shut down in less than a year I believe. As has been said, the food was marginal at best, but the service was even worse. We went maybe 4 times, and they never could get an order correct, and they would piece-meal the food out to the table so it took forever for everyone to get their food and finish. The best thing there was the sweet tea in the big plastic cups.

We had one here...it closed. No meat was actually smoked on site. It would push a turd, that's about it.

Wow, I was expecting to see a couple good reviews. Lol We had one here in Torrance CA a few years back. I think it shut down a couple of months after opening. Ate there once and never went back, it flat out sucked!

We have one here in St Petersburg Florida... Just opened up about a month ago. I haven't been to it yet. I was surprised they do a free ice cream everyday. I didn't know they were a chain.

I'll have to pass

One in brea, ca been a few times first couple time okay, last time sucked. I can't eat Bbq anywhere but my backyard.

There must be a Dickies so we can have something to compare with Shanes Rib Shack

We have a Dickies BBQ coming to town. Have any of you brethren went to one before? I have seen the signs in other cities but never stopped. Do they use real pits to smoke the meat? The location they are moving to is right in downtown. No real room behind or in front to put a pit. Thanks for the info.

If it lasts longer than 18 months, I will be amazed.

My experiences with Dickies (in California and Texas) are this: Meh.

Some people smoke the meat there. Others have it brought in and reheated.

Take a trip there just so you can verify what the others are saying. But have some good BBQ on standby.

I know the one I ate at had a southern pride smoker. Gas fired...im sure. very little smoke flavor. Typical large volume taste.

Back